User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t hear it what so ever. The fan, fuel pump, and exhaust is all silent from inside. I absolutely love mine so far. Today the temp was -5 and it’s 60° is my storage bay and 70-75 in the bedroom and bathroom. I’ll post a better follow up once I get home from work.
    2015 Ram 3500 DRW Mega Cab Short Bed
    2019 Solitude 3350RL

Me, my wife (early 30’s), a dog, and a cat.
    Instagram: StillCamping

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't notice any vibration, but there is a sound of a mini jet engine, but it is not bad. I have a duct booster ready to be hooked up to try and put some of this heat into the main living area, but it has been too cold to want to experiment.
    2023 GMC 3500HD CCLB DRW Duramax L5P, Banks Derringer/Idash/CAI 60 gallon fuel transfer tank
    2018 Solitude 310GK with Kodiak disc brakes 4000 lb Dexter springs, frame stiffeners
    RETIRED Maint Supervisor, Certified Welder, ASE Master Tech, Owner tire shop

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think i'll do some reading up on replacing the gas furnace with one of these diesel heaters in my Imagine 2610ML. I'm sure i still would need a fan of some sorts to run the air through the camper... New thing to research!
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2610ML, 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland EcoDiesel
    e2 trunnion hitch and Curt 7-pin brake controller
    Victron SmartSolar 100|50 -- 2x UB121000 100ah -- 4x100W panels
    Always boondocking. No post, no facilities.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealRoland View Post
    i think i'll do some reading up on replacing the gas furnace with one of these diesel heaters in my Imagine 2610ML. I'm sure i still would need a fan of some sorts to run the air through the camper... New thing to research!
    While I really like the diesel heaters, I would keep your original propane heater and supplement it with the diesel heater. The diesel heaters can require maintenance and having an inoperative heater wouldn't be a good thing, especially if you were waiting on repair parts.
    2023 GMC 3500HD CCLB DRW Duramax L5P, Banks Derringer/Idash/CAI 60 gallon fuel transfer tank
    2018 Solitude 310GK with Kodiak disc brakes 4000 lb Dexter springs, frame stiffeners
    RETIRED Maint Supervisor, Certified Welder, ASE Master Tech, Owner tire shop

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StillCamping View Post
    Search “cheap Chinese diesel heater” on YouTube and you’ll get a lot of into. They’re knock off’s of the “espar” heater. The name brand ones are $800+, which is why no one knew about them. They’re used in semi truck sleepers. Now that they have become more affordable everyone is starting to use them in either RV’s or van conversions.
    I was a service manager for Thermo King 42 years and have much experience with Espar heaters. The most common issue with them (after 1000+ hours) is carbon deposits plugging up the combustion chamber and atomizing screen. One suggestion I would consider is, running it on kerosene. This burns much cleaner and almost eliminates carbon issues. Also less smell than diesel.
    Just a suggestion.

Also, by chance, if you camp at altitudes over 5000 ft, carboning is increased dramatically and kerosene would be highly advised.
    Dan and Deb
    2021 337RLS
    2020 Lariat Super Duty 6.7 Diesel Crew Cab Max Tow, Air Lift 5000

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StillCamping View Post
    Hello, I have just finished up my diesel heater install. I have tapped into the furnace duct that dumps into the storage bay. My questions is, how hot is too hot for the ducting? I haven’t gotten a surface temp yet but it is hot to the touch. I’ll include some pics to better explain what I’ve got going on.

This is the front storage compartment where the heater is mounted.
    Attachment 23949

This is the duct I added to feed the factory duct
    Attachment 23950

Just another angle showing the factory duct a little better
    Attachment 23951

The ducting I have shown in the pics gets uncomfortably warm to the touch when the heater is running. I can smell “hot” inside which is what made me nervous in the first place but our furnace hasn’t been run yet this season and I know there’s gonna be some burn off when first fired up.

Figured I’d throw the questions out there. If your not familiar with diesel heaters then this won’t make any sense to you but I know at least one other member has installed one.
    Nice work!
    Hard to tell from the pic, do you have your fuel pump mounted at a 20 deg angle? (outlet higher) This allows it to purge out the air during priming.
    Enjoy!
    Dan and Deb
    2021 337RLS
    2020 Lariat Super Duty 6.7 Diesel Crew Cab Max Tow, Air Lift 5000

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We run these in our sled trailers in Canada. Best bet is to add a larger fuel tank to draw from that you can fill at the pump when you fill your truck. We also run a propane heater as a backup. You never know when you may need it.
    2022 Solitude 346FLS
    2018 GMC SLT SRW SB Diesel
    Canadian born and raised

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As mentioned before. I’d keep the original furnace in place as a backup. We’re on our 3rd winter with the diesel heaters (2) and have been good so far (with some tweaks along the way)

The “booster fans” we ultimately went with, and are very happy with are found on Amazon when searching for “AC Infinity CLOUDLINE S4, Quiet 4” a little speedy at $90 a piece but worth it in the end. We also now use a 12 gallon fuel cell mounted in the front storage bay. Fill it about once a week ish (around $30)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123