User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lippert wet bolt sleve?

Something I have been wondering about as I'm contemplating and planning some things I want to do to beef up the suspension. I have Lippert Wet Bolts, along with an E-Z flex equalizer factory installed. Of course after 1500 miles and 3 months I came to find they never got grease INTO the wet bolt, nor the E-Z flex equalizers at the factory which is a concern to longevity. I can find examples of the wet bolts online but none of the kits I see show bushings or sleeves. I can't find anything that shows detail of this part of the suspension. I really don't want to take one apart just to see. I do recall in threads discussing troubles getting grease into wet bolts that orientation is a concern and have experienced it myself. Anyone have insight or information that could shed light? Unless I find something to dispel my worries, I'm liking the Morryde shackle kits better more and more.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 12-24-2019 at 05:22 PM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best you're going to find on LCI:

https://support.lci1.com/ap-kits

Most all of these are meant to be assembled once and not taken apart as they use prevailing torque nuts. Sleeves are peened onto the shoulder bolts of the better kits. This is also why these come as service kits - i.e., changing everything when you're in it.

Mine did have grease but nut sufficient grease from the factory, which is common across the industry it seems. I had to hit them all with Red n Tacky, and I did get grease into them all but had a few fighters with one a real bear. Don't bother attempting this without a QUALITY grease gun with a good zerk coupler.

I'll run the OE until they're worn and then replace with better.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems I remember the lippert and MORryde equalizer bushings are press fit in by the mfgr and are a bit different size than the bronze bushings that fit the spring eyes.
    So I'd expect the equalizers are a wear item to be replaced.

The spring eye bronze bushings are replaceable, ID 9/16", OD: 11/16", Length: 1-3/4"
    Like the DEXTER Bronze Spring Bushings (4 pack) #K71-291-00

My MORryde bushings for correct track shackles and CRE3000 looked like:

- Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a shot of my old leaf spring and LCI bushing. They are nylon inserts and mine were surprisingly in good condition. The Morryde version are brass inserts which should last longer. Its also worth noting that the very forward and aft bolts didnt have wet bolts installed, but the Morryde kit replaces all bolts with wet bolts. When I replaced all my leaf springs I used Morryde wet bolts and HD shackles, and ditched the LCI equa-flex for the Morryde CRE3000.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190511_113547.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	23967

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    This is a shot of my old leaf spring and LCI bushing. They are nylon inserts and mine were surprisingly in good condition. The Morryde version are brass inserts which should last longer. Its also worth noting that the very forward and aft bolts didnt have wet bolts installed, but the Morryde kit replaces all bolts with wet bolts. When I replaced all my leaf springs I used Morryde wet bolts and HD shackles, and ditched the LCI equa-flex for the Morryde CRE3000.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190511_113547.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	23967

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    This is just what I am considering.
    As an update.....I think I found what I was looking for on the Grand Design web site in the parts lookup for my TT. It's a bit deceiving until you get curious and put pieces together. First they are not Lippert wet bolts but Dexter and included as part of the EZ Flex kit. My bad. However, none that I saw showed bushings as part of the kit, Grand Design's included. If you tab up in the pictures you will see the Dexter axle assembly. The springs are part of the assembly and show what appear to be brass bushings pressed into the eye loops of the springs. It makes sense that the bolt kit does not come with bushings if that is the case.
    Hopefully mystery solved, I'll work on getting better confirmation. With what I have found so far it wouldn't surprise me that nylon bushings were installed.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 12-25-2019 at 03:36 AM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.