User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Legality is not a concern EXCEPT in some States where you may be recording audio. If I have contemporaneous evidence then it is admissible. As a former security and surveillance manager and a lifetime geek, I run multiple cameras with recording, back and front of my TV and back and front of my TT. All of the cameras are different brands and I change them out as I find another that I may want to test. Yes, cameras can provide evidence in an accident but they can also work against you if you are at fault. In the event I am involved in an accident, I will preserve my evidence and if I notice that the other vehicle has a camera installed, I am going to have the PD note that there was another camera or I am going to photograph the camera in place in the other vehicle. If you are at fault and running a camera, don't even think of saying your camera was not working and that there is no video. There is a concept in law called, spoliation of evidence that will come back to bite you.
    With all that in mind, I am in the process of adding DVR's, one in the TT and one in the TV that records all the cameras in a central location instead of individual SD cards. Told you I was a geek, keep those cameras rolling.
    Reflection 297RSTS 2018
    Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4 Hemi

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonemannn View Post
    My 2017 ford has a forward facing dash cam, only accessible to law enforcement in case of a accident. AND two inside cameras as well, facing both driver and passenger! No way to get the feed, just a code law enforcement uses.
    Some will say I'm wrong, but I am not....
    Can you provide the source of this information?
    Reflection 297RSTS 2018
    Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4 Hemi

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The inside cameras are on the roof console. Facing the rear. and left, right. They are there, look at your ford....
    I elected not to respond earlier as the Ford system is irrelevant to the OP and I did not want to derail this thread in its infancy. I likely won't say anything beyond the following:

I did look at the truck and those four units (three really, one is a blank) do not look like cameras to me. They are behind opaque black plastic guards and they simply do not look like cameras. The owners’ forums have concluded they are interior motion sensors associated with the alarm. They were introduced in the F-150 a couple years before they appeared in the 2017 Super-Duty. Thus, they have been out in the public realm for 5 years or so now.

I find it incredibly hard to believe that Ford would risk alienating its customer base by installing internal surveillance cameras, especially in such an obvious way. Large numbers of these folks modify the vehicle heavily, are mechanically-inclined, and are often quite concerned with state surveillance of their activities. I find it really hard to believe that internal surveillance cameras mounted prominently in the overhead console would go undetected and unreported for several years. I’d be very interested in hearing your source for this information.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Folks, I've had my absolute fill of lousy, self-absorbed drivers swooping in front of me when there's simply not enough room when traffic is coming to a stop or diving in to make a turn they didn't plan suitable for. Had one occurence last year with the camper where my only choice was to curb my TV or slam into them, and that cost me an alignment and new tire. Towing the new 5er this Fall had plenty of knuckleheads compromising my safe following distance. Today I had my "37 in the car hauler in tow and a fool jumped in front of me as we were coming to a stop and I had to step on the brakes hard, and got everything stopped with maybe an inch before impact!

I feel I need to protect myself, and have been looking at dashcams over the last year. I want good features, great video, and a minimalist form factor, and have arrived at Blackvue. I was going to pull the trigger on the 750, but then they put out updates that fixed the 900's bugs.

Any members running a Blackvue 750 or 900 series? If so, what are your thoughts? Any other suggestions for a minimalist design? I definitely do not want another screen in front of me.
    I have the Blackvue 650 in both of my vehicles. I installed them after the fact when a young lady figured red lights didn't apply to her and totalled my Jeep. Then she claimed I ran the light. Witness statements told a different story, and we decided not to take that chance again. We have been very happy with the Blackvues' performance over the past few years. In our TV, we also have a WIFI connection so we can use the cloud features (a MIFI or phone set to be a hotspot works well in the new Jeep but can be a hassle to use). Works well and is small enough to not be in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrack2015 View Post
    ... and I need to reconsider my "all clothing is optional" policy in the truck.
    LOL! I'd never! (that's my story and I'm sticking to it...)

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backtrack2015 View Post
    I elected not to respond earlier as the Ford system is irrelevant to the OP and I did not want to derail this thread in its infancy. I likely won't say anything beyond the following:

I did look at the truck and those four units (three really, one is a blank) do not look like cameras to me. They are behind opaque black plastic guards and they simply do not look like cameras. The owners’ forums have concluded they are interior motion sensors associated with the alarm. They were introduced in the F-150 a couple years before they appeared in the 2017 Super-Duty. Thus, they have been out in the public realm for 5 years or so now.

I find it incredibly hard to believe that Ford would risk alienating its customer base by installing internal surveillance cameras, especially in such an obvious way. Large numbers of these folks modify the vehicle heavily, are mechanically-inclined, and are often quite concerned with state surveillance of their activities. I find it really hard to believe that internal surveillance cameras mounted prominently in the overhead console would go undetected and unreported for several years. I’d be very interested in hearing your source for this information.
    WTH would you need motion sensors for? Cameras for sure...Ford does not tell you, BUT it is part of the system only accessible to police. After an event, like a flight recorder. Think what you want...
    Last edited by phonemannn; 12-26-2019 at 09:16 AM.
    2017 F350 Lariat, Dual rear wheels
    2017 GD 311BHS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191226_082111_HDR.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	23978Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191226_082345_HDR.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	23979Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191226_082245.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	23980Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191226_082414_HDR.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	23981
    All Cameras, IMO
    Except for the one on drivers side facing down, the mic for handless voice control...
    Last edited by phonemannn; 12-26-2019 at 09:43 AM.
    2017 GD 311BHS

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191226_082111_HDR.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	23978Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191226_082345_HDR.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	23979Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191226_082245.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	23980Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191226_082414_HDR.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	23981
    All Cameras, IMO
    Except for the one on drivers side facing down, the mic for handless voice control...
    Those are not cameras in the overhead console. They are IR motion sensors for the factory alarm system! I am 100% certain they are motion sensors as I have had a number of those consoles out to help folks get a power tap for dash goodies. The sensors and the control module have absolutely no ability to record anything at all.

Whether or not the surround view cameras can record anything I do not know.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Those are not cameras in the overhead console. They are IR motion sensors for the factory alarm system! I am 100% certain they are motion sensors as I have had a number of those consoles out to help folks get a power tap for dash goodies. The sensors and the control module have absolutely no ability to record anything at all.

Whether or not the surround view cameras can record anything I do not know.
    OK, I will defer to your experience. Weird they have a lens on it tho.....Thanks...
    2017 GD 311BHS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More info on dash cams here. . .
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...dations-please

I'm still researching too.
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, I will defer to your experience. Weird they have a lens on it tho.....Thanks...
    I'll try to avoid geeking out on this, but IR sensors need lenses to capture and focus. If you're so-inclined to google, you'll find both passive and active IR sensors all have some focusing element. In fact, IR sensors are the most widely used sensors on the planet because of their reliability and ultra-low detection error.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast