User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found someone who has the Blackvue 750 in my car club. He's going to come by tomorrow and give a show and tell so I can experience it in-person and get his take on it.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    I'll try to avoid geeking out on this, but IR sensors need lenses to capture and focus. If you're so-inclined to google, you'll find both passive and active IR sensors all have some focusing element. In fact, IR sensors are the most widely used sensors on the planet because of their reliability and ultra-low detection error.
    OK, learn something everyday. Thanks...
    2017 F350 Lariat, Dual rear wheels
    2017 GD 311BHS

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    I found someone who has the Blackvue 750 in my car club. He's going to come by tomorrow and give a show and tell so I can experience it in-person and get his take on it.
    So, the Blackvue impresses! Fantastic video from it! Looks great watching it on his surface. We went for coffee and then watched that video, and he showed me some recorded last night. The night-time video is just OK, but the daytime was fantastic. In doing my research, night video seems to always have some challenges between poor illumination and flares.

Rod was lamenting that he was preparing to shell out $400 for Blackvue's battery so he could use parking mode without worrying about his battery, so I said how about $85? Not fancy lithium, but 9Ah and comes complete with box and trickle charger. So we went over to my trailer supply and bought a Dexter triple axle breakaway kit and then a $3 female 12VDC power outlet from NAPA. Between the two of us, had it firmly mounted and wired in under 30 minutes. He'll have to unplug the Blackvue from the battery and to the ignition-fed outlet when driving to charge it back up, but I offered future services to do an automatic relay changeover for him in exchange with a little help on my '38.

Now, do I want the 750 or the 900...
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think most would agree it's sometimes hit or miss with items from Harbor Freight. However I did see this in the recent mailer:
    https://www.harborfreight.com/1080p-...cam-56226.html

25% off today (1/1) makes it $60 (or normally $64 w/ 20% coupon). Anyone out there try this one yet? Thanks!
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a dash cam in my TV. I’m sick and tired of people swooping in front of me so close it’s obvious they are looking for an insurance claim. They know a large vehicle can’t avoid a collision or brake as fast as they can. I’ve had it happen several times a day on the interstate.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a Garmin 45, cheap , reliable, reasonable quality. Can be set at 720 or 1080. Cost was under $100. Have had it for three years now - the plan was to get some experience then maybe get a better unit. Can’t justify the upgrade at the moment.
    one of the things I liked about the Garmin is that it will mount between the rear view mirror and windscreen on most vehicles (Hyundai Tucson and F150). It is small. Mount is magnetic, metal disk the size of a quarter is permanently fixed to the windscreen - behind the mirror it does not block vision. Unit came with two mounting disks, we have in both vehicles. Easy to move camera from one car to the other.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thinkware f800

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are definitely worth the investment. If some idiot tries to place blame for an event on you the video backup will save your bacon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dash cam

Quote Originally Posted by Likes to tow View Post
    Big question about dash cams and the legality of using them in court. Has anyone actually used the recorded video proof in an accident investigation???? It seems some people are saying dash cams are illegal in some states or their use in an investigation or litigation is not allowed as evidence!!! Is this true??? It seems logical since many times during a law suit incriminating evidence is not allowed. What are some opinions on this from those who have experienced an accident.
    I'm retired from law enforcement. I cannot imagine ANY reason that these would be illegal UNLESS they recorded conversations in a state where two party consent is required.
    Retired SF Sergeant Major
    Retired Sheriff's detective

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast