User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonemannn View Post
    My 2017 ford has a forward facing dash cam, only accessible to law enforcement in case of a accident. AND two inside cameras as well, facing both driver and passenger! No way to get the feed, just a code law enforcement uses.
    Some will say I'm wrong, but I am not....
    2018 Ford here not sure I believe this, It would be nice if an LEO commented on this statement.

But to the post, I have one pointing out front and one pointing to the rear. Any of them will do but the cheap ones self destruct after a time. Go on You Tube and look up "worst drivers" and about 300 vidieos will show you why every one needs atleast one of these things now.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bshgto View Post
    2018 Ford here not sure I believe this, It would be nice if an LEO commented on this statement.
    This was disproven on a couple previous posts.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve7 View Post
    This was disproven on a couple previous posts.
    Not really.....^^^^ Inside cameras maybe not the case....BUT event recorder, for sure, using camera shots not available to the owner. FOR SURE.
    2017 F350 Lariat, Dual rear wheels
    2017 GD 311BHS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really.....^^^^ Inside cameras maybe not the case....BUT event recorder, for sure, using camera shots not available to the owner. FOR SURE.
    Clarify please. I'm not understanding the camera shots reference.
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are cameras on the Lariat trim that face forward for lane assist, collision control, etc. I’ve never heard anything saying that they also “record”. I’m not saying it’s not possible, but I’ve never heard of it. There are systems that record speed, breaking, and other system settings the last 10 seconds (maybe a bit more) prior to and including a collision that law enforcement can retrieve (done on major collision cases, usually with injuries or fatalities). I retired from law enforcement 6 years ago, and I’ never saw it, or heard of it since. If you have a reference to this, please provide it.
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are cameras on the Lariat trim that face forward for lane assist, collision control, etc. I’ve never heard anything saying that they also “record”. I’m not saying it’s not possible, but I’ve never heard of it. There are systems that record speed, breaking, and other system settings the last 10 seconds (maybe a bit more) prior to and including a collision that law enforcement can retrieve (done on major collision cases, usually with injuries or fatalities). I retired from law enforcement 6 years ago, and I’ never saw it, or heard of it since. If you have a reference to this, please provide it.
    https://www.edmunds.com/car-technolo...rash-data.html

The second longest running family of vehicles available for download is manufactured by Ford Motor Corporation.
    The Ford family of vehicles includes: Ford, Lincoln and Mercury. Click here to view a full coverage list.

On select models, coverage for Ford family vehicles extends back to 2001. In 2003, Ford began installing advanced
    EDRs in their vehicles, capable of recording pre-crash parameters such as speed and brake use. Until 2003,
    accident reconstructionists could only download crash pulse information and diagnostic data. However, once these
    advanced Ford EDRs were installed, they were often capable of recording about 20 seconds of pre-crash data, as
    well as 5 seconds of post-crash data, giving reconstruction experts a clear illustration of how the vehicle was being
    operated before, during and after a crash sequence. Today, Ford vehicles can record anywhere from about 5 to 20
    seconds of pre-crash data. The most modern vehicles can also record data in deployment (airbag) or
    non-deployment (no airbag) crashes.
    You know they will use cameras to record info......Why would they not?
    Last edited by phonemannn; 01-05-2020 at 08:40 PM.
    2017 GD 311BHS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our crash data retrieval service may include**, but is not limited to the following:
    Inspect airbag module damage and photograph
    Download of pre-crash and post-crash information. Data available may include:
    Vehicle speed
    Engine speed in RPM's
    Percent of throttle applied
    Brake status (on or off)
    State of driver's seat belt (buckled or not buckled)
    State of airbag warning lamp
    Occupant classification details
    Time from vehicle impact to air bag deployments
    Number of ignition cycles at time of impact
    Number of ignition cycles at time of investigation
    Time between crash events
    Delta-V (change in velocity) experienced
    Steering input in degrees
    Anti-lock brake activation (on or off)
    Transmission status
    Diagnostic fault codes present at start of event
    Stability control (engaged or non-engage)
    VIN as programmed or learned by the module
    Vehicle configuration data
    And more...
    Provide copy of data, graphs and report on CD
    Analyze download and provide written summary of data

Not limited two......
    2017 GD 311BHS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The second longest running family of vehicles available for download is manufactured by Ford Motor Corporation.
    The Ford family of vehicles includes: Ford, Lincoln and Mercury. Click here to view a full coverage list.

On select models, coverage for Ford family vehicles extends back to 2001. In 2003, Ford began installing advanced
    EDRs in their vehicles, capable of recording pre-crash parameters such as speed and brake use. Until 2003,
    accident reconstructionists could only download crash pulse information and diagnostic data. However, once these
    advanced Ford EDRs were installed, they were often capable of recording about 20 seconds of pre-crash data, as
    well as 5 seconds of post-crash data, giving reconstruction experts a clear illustration of how the vehicle was being
    operated before, during and after a crash sequence. Today, Ford vehicles can record anywhere from about 5 to 20
    seconds of pre-crash data. The most modern vehicles can also record data in deployment (airbag) or
    They do not use video data. It's all data from onboard sensors. Throttle position, wheel speed sensors, traction control, steering wheel position sensor, g sensor so on and so on. No video to show an at fault situation.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, that’s what I’m used to. As far as why wouldn’t they also include the camera, I’m not sure. If they have the ability, maybe they will. It may be considered an invasion of privacy since it would have to constantly be on a predetermined loop time, thus always having the possibility of capturing citizens. If it wasn’t in a public place (unlikely), it could be a crime. This is just me trying to make logic of why they would not.
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, that’s what I’m used to. As far as why wouldn’t they also include the camera, I’m not sure. If they have the ability, maybe they will. It may be considered an invasion of privacy since it would have to constantly be on a predetermined loop time, thus always having the possibility of capturing citizens. If it wasn’t in a public place (unlikely), it could be a crime. This is just me trying to make logic of why they would not.
    Well, my attorney told me that the camera data is available to Law enforcement after an incident. He told me he has seen it......Sooooo.
    2017 GD 311BHS

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast