User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Further to Dave's comments on suspension, the Westlake ST225/75R15 tires have a max load rating of 2830 lbs each at 80 psi.
    So, 2 x 2830 = 5660. 5660 - 4044 = about 1600 lbs of additional load carrying capacity on the "heavy" side.
    Part of this gets used up with things like the contents of water and waste tanks which are shared by the right side tires and the tow vehicle hitch,
    but there should be more than sufficient capacity for the contents of the fridge, pantry and cupboards.
    This is a good reminder to travel whenever possible with the tanks empty and always with the tires at 80 psi.
    I intend to get my rig weighed, wheel by wheel, once I figure out how to accomplish this.
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the outcome of the 700 lb. left side weight bias (on my 323BHS) is the left tires will wear slightly faster. It's also important that the tires on the fifth wheel have enough weight carrying ability for an additional 350 lbs. The weight bias is approximately 6% of the total weight of the trailer.

If the trailer's axles and the kingpin are properly aligned, no one should really know that one side of the trailer is slightly heavier than the other. It wouldn't project any problem.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This issue would seem to be quite prevalent in trailers with long slides that contain fridges, ovens, sofas, etc, throughout the industry. Couple that with some like the 317 that has a bed slide and you even more unbalance. I just don't see it as an issue. There's a load of trailers that are of that floor plan and no one ever seems to complain about it.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to all for the input. The installation of the Correct Track allowes a side to side weight Diff.
    Reading my Reflection Owners Manual in a couple of places it states (page 37)Be sure to balance loads front to rear and side to side.
    Maby the reason for Correct Track should be in the manual. Dave & Monica, I checked your ref and you nailed it.
    Thanks
    Ed Cosgro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12