Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dometic Fridge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dometic Fridge

We recently purchased a 2020 Grand Design Imagine 2670mk the control panel is not coming on for fridge. We can not get the fridge to run on propane or shore power. We have tried to locate a reset switch that was discussed in another forum. But we can not find one. Can anyone else give us information to try and get the fridge to work? Because it is Christmas Day we can not get anyone to come out an help us. We are also 1800 miles from where we purchase the TT.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The control panel needs 12 volts to operate. Not sure if your aware of that. Another member had their battery not charging thus giving them a control panel issue. hope this helps.
    2018 Reflection 337RL / 2022 GMC Denali 3500HD CC LB Diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JennDeRocher View Post
    We recently purchased a 2020 Grand Design Imagine 2670mk the control panel is not coming on for fridge. We can not get the fridge to run on propane or shore power. We have tried to locate a reset switch that was discussed in another forum. But we can not find one. Can anyone else give us information to try and get the fridge to work? Because it is Christmas Day we can not get anyone to come out an help us. We are also 1800 miles from where we purchase the TT.
    I can not help with your specific model, but the refrigerator control board is powered by 12V DC. Do other 12V appliances (lights, furnace, etc.) work? Are your batteries charged (should be if plugged into shore power) and the battery disconnect turned on (so batteries are connected)? Have you checked for a 12V fuse in the fuse panel (not the 120v AC breaker for the refrigerator - but check that to).

Sorry I can not give yo more specifics. These are just general trouble shooting ideas.

Good luck
    Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have 12v and the battery is charging. We are stumped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CoChris everything is working except the fridge. We checked the fuse it’s also good. We are stumped.

Thank you for trying to help!

Jenn

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check for power at the plug where fridge plugs in......or circuit breaker fridge is on, maybe. The 12volt was also my 1st thought.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. Is there 12v at the fridge. There is a terminal block behind the outside cover where the 12v wire connects to which powers the fridge. There also maybe a small black control box in the same area that has fuses in it. You can research you model number on line that will show wiring and troubleshooting ideas. Good Luck. Jim (checkmate)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CoChris everything is working except the fridge. We checked the fuse it’s also good. We are stumped.

Thank you for trying to help!

Jenn
    Jenn, I have a Norcold (not Dometic) so this may not apply. In addition to the fuse and circuit breaker in the panel, I have a 12V inline fuse behind my refrigerator and two (a 12V automotive style and 120v AC glass) fuses on the control board. All three of these can be accessed from outside the trailer by removing the lower refrigerator cover panel. My control board is bolted tot he back of the refrigerator and is under a black plastic cover. I would turn off the 120v circuit breaker if you are going to remove the black plastic cover or otherwise access the control board as there is (or could be) live 120v present. You do not want to get shocked. As Jim @242 checkmate said, if you have internet access, check on line for documents on your specific model of refrigerator for more specifics.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. Did you ever find out what was causing your refrigerator issue? Any information may help others. Thank You. Jim (checkmate)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Checkmate:
    The TT is currently at the dealers and they are fixing it. When I find out what was wrong I will post to this thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast