User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Murdered couple near Brownsville, Texas

We heard recently about a couple who were murdered near Brownsville by a group of people who wanted their truck. Does anyone know about this story, whether or not it is an ongoing problem etc. or not in Brownsville or any other area?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was actually up near Corpus Christie, the couple were found buried in a shallow grave on the beach. Culprits have been apprehended
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a couple that was murdered. The couple took their truck and camper down in to Mexico. The guy was arrested in Mexico about five days later and extradited back to Tex. The woman was extradited a couple of weeks later.

The guy had just got out of prison not long before this happened.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I heard about it on the news. The previous posts accurately represent the story as I heard it. This reminds us to be careful wherever we travel as nefarious folks can always be about. Personally I have no plans to travel near any border areas and don’t plan to make any.
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVRunners View Post
    Yes I heard about it on the news. The previous posts accurately represent the story as I heard it. This reminds us to be careful wherever we travel as nefarious folks can always be about. Personally I have no plans to travel near any border areas and don’t plan to make any.
    The boarder, Mexico or Mexicans had nothing to do with it....except that they drove down in to Mexico after the killed and buried that couple. Texas is a dangerous country.

My twisted humor......murders happen in every state in this country! If you're going to live your life in fear, you might want to go to the range and take a few lessons then get yourself a gun or two. Everybody picks their targets, even thugs. When you present yourself as a target then you are vulnerable.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    The boarder, Mexico or Mexicans had nothing to do with it....except that they drove down in to Mexico after the killed and buried that couple. Texas is a dangerous country.

My twisted humor......murders happen in every state in this country! If you're going to live your life in fear, you might want to go to the range and take a few lessons then get yourself a gun or two. Everybody picks their targets, even thugs. When you present yourself as a target then you are vulnerable.
    ^^^This.

Choose to not be a victim. Keep your eyes open and head up. If you look alert and capable then most criminals will deselect you in favor of someone either not paying attention or looking like a victim. For those who don't deselect, I have a nasty surprise in store for them. Handgun training is a very good idea. If nothing else it will open your eyes as to possiblities.

I am neither big nor imposing but I am capable of looking "stern" and I have had a number of times where a sketchy looking stranger was approaching me and once they got a look at my face and posture they chose another direction.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree there. It is known that criminal activity is elevated in border areas. I did state in my post that we should watch out for nefarious folks wherever we travel so I agree with you there. I never stated in my post it was Mexican folks perpetrating the crime - there are folks of many nationalities participating in the criminal activity in border areas. Activity surrounding drug trafficking, human trafficking, kidnapping for ransom and trafficking of various types of weapons as well as the thugs carrying out these deeds are concentrated in these areas before they are dispersed throughout the United States. Is it possible someone in my area (Louisville, KY/Southern Indiana) could fall victim to these thugs? - Absolutely! Are the odds higher where the folks are concentrated near our border? - I would say yes. Also I’m not sure who this mysterious “boarder” is I don’t have anyone inhabiting a spare room in our home... sorry I could not resist that one! Be safe out there.
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The boarder, Mexico or Mexicans had nothing to do with it.... Texas is a dangerous country.
    'nuff said
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what I've heard and remember. They were camping on the beach (not in an rv park) and befriended the folks while on the beach. These folks then murdered the couple, took there truck and rv and headed to Mexico. I think they were hoping to get across the border before the couple was reported missing. When the couple couldn't be contacted alerts when out on all social media mediums and the police were contacted. After a few days the bodies were discovered and an ABP put out. It's sad that a couple had to lose their lives doing something that they enjoyed, but camping on the beach in winter leaves you exposed to unsavory people with few (if any) other campers to keep an eye out. Very lucky that this couple were staying in contact with some people via social media and the alert was sounded quickly.
    Les and Sharon Bevil
    Austin, Tx

Reflection 311BHS purchased March 2017
    Jayco 32BHDS sold March 2017
    2012 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.6 Diesel (until May 2018)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500HD 6.6 Diesel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
    ^^^This.

Choose to not be a victim. Keep your eyes open and head up. If you look alert and capable then most criminals will deselect you in favor of someone either not paying attention or looking like a victim. For those who don't deselect, I have a nasty surprise in store for them. Handgun training is a very good idea. If nothing else it will open your eyes as to possiblities.

I am neither big nor imposing but I am capable of looking "stern" and I have had a number of times where a sketchy looking stranger was approaching me and once they got a look at my face and posture they chose another direction.
    Did you lift your shirt and give them a peek at your glock? Got to find that fine line between a visual warning and "brandishing".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast