Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,
    Now that's a thing of real beauty! Great job. I will copy it someday.

Cheers,
    Kevin
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gwg_33 View Post
    I keep coming back to look at it!

Have you preserved access to the rest of your utility area? The back of your breaker/fuse panel and a lot of wiring, plumbing, and heating ducts are behind the power installation. Can you get to them?
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    I keep coming back to look at it!

Have you preserved access to the rest of your utility area? The back of your breaker/fuse panel and a lot of wiring, plumbing, and heating ducts are behind the power installation. Can you get to them?
    That was a concern of our and after reading lots of the other members having problems with the water system. A lot of the system can be accessed from the right side of the batteries. Any other access we can pull the battery bank forward if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieOakleyM107 View Post
    Oh holy smokes that is amazing! Anyway we can get a pic of the roof with the panels deployed/tilted?
    Unfortunately the last picture at Death Valley is the best one i have with the panels tilted, right now the unit is in storage but i will try and get more pictures next time out.

Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    I guess you cover those bars with something?
    Yes! while that picture they were raw they have since been covered with clear heat shrink that isn't very visible so they still have a nice look to them.

Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Why 2 model 3000 inverters instead of just one 5000?

I've seen this a few times here on this forum. It looks like something trailer folks like; motorhomes always seem to use just one (usually Xantrex or Magnum).
    We actually spent a fair bit of time on that question and decided on the dual 3000's because it was a slightly simpler install rather then splitting a 5000 we run the two 3000's in split phase so each one runs half of the breaker panel.

Quote Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
    @gwg_33 - I'm curious as to why you ordered the generator prep? Do you have expectations that you will be able to integrate it into your control systems?
    Since we ordered the unit from our local dealer we went ahead and added the option, we may decide to add a generator in the future but haven't decided yet. The Victron system does allow generator control so we would want to tie it into the system if we go that route.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this has been asked before but I didn’t see the answer. Would you mind telling us who did the install? How much each portion cost? And how long did the install take? Would you change anything if you did it over? Thanks for sharing!!!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to see that info too! Would also like to know how much the hitch weight increased. This is real close to what I would like to do. Thanks.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you share your wiring diagram?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Some people don’t like to mention costs but solar is typically about a dollar a watt so figure about $2,000 for that. You can easily find prices for all the other components online.
    My guess is $14,000 total in parts.
    Another $2,000 if he paid an installer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gwg_33 - An amazing install and great package......wow ! There have been many pictures and narratives of solar system installations but yours seems to be one of the best. Looking forward to reading the costs details and who did the installation as others have asked.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope this doesn't sound like nit picking because your install is very impressive, but something jumped out at me. The buss bars on the batteries look great but I would be concerned about the the stress on the posts with just a little movement of the batteries. I'd hate to see the batteries fail for that in such a beautiful install. What I have done in the past is use flat braided bonding cable. You can punch a hole in it and use square plates at the connection points. It still looks flat and clean, but gives some flexibility as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast