User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll find labels on the underside of the countertop somewhere with both manufacturer information and part number along with GD's part number. I saw our, but don't remember it. I'm guessing you are looking to match adjacent countertops and why you are searching specifically for the supplier. If not, go to your local cabinet/countertop fabricator and buy a much higher quality countertop at a better price! You'll just want to have them making it from the thinner material they use for shower walls typically over the thicker material used for residential countertops to save weight.

I speak from experience with our last camper. FR discontinued our floorplan, and the island used an odd-ball undermount sink in plastic. After a few years, the sink cracked. The sink manufacturer no longer made the sink as FR was the only customer. FR had none left in parts stock. Due to the cabinet construction and size of that old sink, I had no options for above- or under-mount sinks to fit. I went to my local countertop fabricator and found some matching remnants of 1/2" solid surface that were the right size for the island and the countertop next to the range and the Mrs. approved of. I pulled and brought both countertops in to them for patterns, and we chose a nice, standard size, rectangular, stainless steel under-mount sink they cut out and made the drop-in cover from the blank, laminated the edges and put a nice rounded profile on them, and epoxied on the needed blocking to remount. All told, for cash and carry and my self-install, I paid $390.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Why am I not suprised the info supplied on GDs corporate site is not correct (that is where I got the Patrick Ind link). GD is notorious for not updating manuals or customer support info. Not sure why I even looked there knowing this.
    Patrick Industries is the supplier who makes the countertops, but the material is an LG solid surface.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, although it's a knock off, I like the idea of using Corian. I just need to find a dealer that will get me one that fits my needs.
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinpo View Post
    Hello,
    The main component in these type of countertops is acrylic (think Plexiglass, cast type) with some binders or additives (ATH, epoxy, polyester, fillers, etc.) It can be easily cut with standard carbide tipped tools (saws, routers, lathe tools). It is a thermoplastic polymer.....

Here are a couple of pens I inlaid with cutoff counter scraps.

Attachment 24013

Regards,
    Kevin
    Hi Kevin,

Having fabricated many a Corian (and copycat ) countertops, in my past life, I can attest to your chemical analysis.

BTW....Nice job wt the "inlays", but I'll bet, having a trailer now, you haven't got much time for those hobby pens anymore... LOL !!!

But to the OP...
    You can take the island top off, and to a solid surface fabricator who will do all the work matching your specifics.
    This material must be purchased in sheets that are 4 ' X 8' and used to require a contractor's license for Corian materials.
    Dunno what's up since I retired, though ??

Michael

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Breeze View Post
    This material must be purchased in sheets that are 4 ' X 8' and used to require a contractor's license for Corian materials.
    Dunno what's up since I retired, though ??
    Michael
    I think a certification is still required. I am retired a few years but my Solid Surface Certification is still valid (i.e. not expired). I tried to buy some from Home Depot last year when I redid my TT countertops and they refused to sell to me - - - even after I showed them my certificate. They insisted that they would need to come to my home, measure, fabricate and install anything I wanted. I turned around and walked away. Local cabinet shops (there are not very many around these parts) told me pretty much the same thing - - said they made money making and installing, not re-selling material. I ended up just making new laminate counters.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would not worry about what GD uses unless you are certain you want a match to your existing pattern. Any competent kitchen cabinet shop would be able to make just about anything you design for your island. Unless you want to build it your self. Design what you want including the top surface. Pick out the cabinets, pick out the solid surface you want and let them build and install it.
    Jerry and Jack (Standard Schnauzer)

Currently in Benson, AZ

2018 Reflection 315RLTS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I researched it so I could make coffee cup holders for our recliner and our friend's 311BH. It is Corian "Hazelnut".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1788.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	25958
    Last edited by RVing in Michigan; 04-16-2020 at 11:45 AM.
    Dan and Deb
    2021 337RLS
    2020 Lariat Super Duty 6.7 Diesel Crew Cab Max Tow, Air Lift 5000

Site Sponsor The_Traveling_Neelys's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVing in Michigan View Post
    I researched it so I could make coffee cup holders for our recliner and our friend's 311BH. It is Corian "Hazelnut".

Name:	IMG_1788.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	25958
    I love these! How did you make them?
    Truck: 2012 Ram 3500
    5er: 2018 Reflection 150 Series 295RL

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1/2" Corian Hazelnut with a PVC drain fitting. The fitting needs to be tapered down with a surface sander. It fits nice and snug into the recliner cup holders. We (and our friends) love them. I have some material left if you want to purchase a set. $30 plus freight.

Name:	IMG_0898.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	87.1 KB 
ID:	26074Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0899.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	26075
    Dan and Deb
    2021 337RLS
    2020 Lariat Super Duty 6.7 Diesel Crew Cab Max Tow, Air Lift 5000

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVing in Michigan View Post
    1/2" Corian Hazelnut with a PVC drain fitting. The fitting needs to be tapered down with a surface sander. It fits nice and snug into the recliner cup holders. We (and our friends) love them. I have some material left if you want to purchase a set. $30 plus freight.

Name:	IMG_0898.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	87.1 KB 
ID:	26074Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0899.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	26075
    Dan - Nice idea........well done !!!

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast