User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Need someone to upgrade my battery & inverter/converter etc. - Saint Louis Area MO

I am looking for someone to upgrade my battery & inverter/converter etc. - Saint Louis Area MO

I want to purchase 2 Battleborn batteries, and the correct inverter/converter etc that I will need.

I want to have the functionality of extra power if we go off grid & want to charge up with a generator if necessary - (would love solar, but not going there right now.

How do i find a competent person/company to do this for me in the Saint Louis MO area? (We do not want to do this ourselves.)

Thanks for all your help!

Lorna

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know Mike and LeAnna of Thedrycampers, and they travel throughout the county doing solar/battery/inverter installations. You can find them on Facebook.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I checked with Battleborn & they gave
    Me a name within 50 miles, called the guy & they don’t install. Just sell. Then called my dealer & they won’t do it either. [emoji33][emoji15][emoji22]

It’s a lot of $ to spend if I can’t get someone to install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You would think someone in your area could do this, it's not like you're asking for free install. Have you checked with any local non dealer RV techs/repair facilities
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zadiemay View Post
    I am looking for someone to upgrade my battery & inverter/converter etc. - Saint Louis Area MO

I want to purchase 2 Battle Born batteries, and the correct inverter/converter etc that I will need.

I want to have the functionality of extra power if we go off grid & want to charge up with a generator if necessary - (would love solar, but not going there right now.

How do i find a competent person/company to do this for me in the Saint Louis MO area? (We do not want to do this ourselves.)

Thanks for all your help!

Lorna
    Any Mobile RV Tech should be able to handle your upgrade for you. Just ask Battle Born which Converter they would recommend (I'm thinking Progressive Dynamics would be their recommendation) and buy it from them. Once all your parts arrive, call the RV Mobile Tech and have them install everything for you. It shouldn't take much more than an hour to install everything,

PS: I think you are going about your Installation in the correct order, upgrade your Batteries and Converter before moving up to Solar.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    Any Mobile RV Tech should be able to handle your upgrade for you. Just ask Battle Born which Converter they would recommend (I'm thinking Progressive Dynamics would be their recommendation) and buy it from them. Once all your parts arrive, call the RV Mobile Tech and have them install everything for you. It shouldn't take much more than an hour to install everything,

PS: I think you are going about your Installation in the correct order, upgrade your Batteries and Converter before moving up to Solar.

I think the solar is the cheap part...I have a grocery list that is over $4K....3 Battle born 100ah, Victron multiplus 12/3000, Victron Battery Monitor w/bluetooth, an easy start for the AC & Progressive Dynamic Converter - I assume I need all that....I want to be able to recharge batteries with a Honda Inverter generator if needed.

So I Called my dealer, they won't do the upgrade. They gave me a name of a place about 60 miles from here that might be able to do it. I did a search for Mobile RV techs & found a place about 20 miles from here. Called & talked to the guy. When I told him what I wanted, he said he had never done this kind of upgrade before & was interested until I mentioned the Easystart for the AC & then he freaked out & said NEVERMIND to ALL of it! I emailed the place that was 60 miles away because they were closed & guy sent back email. He said that they could work on it in Feb, but wanted to see the trailer, I emailed back would it be ok for me to just take pics of what he wants to see? Never heard back from him..... I think that these types of upgrades are NOT things that people in Missouri do! it is Crazy. I may just have to try to take it on ourself....

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Lorna, I don't want to be a negative "nancy" but you need to find someone who installs solar for a living, not just someone who would like to try it for the first time. The biggest concern I have is not using big enough wire to carry the amps. Is it possible for you to travel to an installer or wait until one passes through St. Louis?

I know 3 good installers Brian Boone who is in Quartzsite right now and Greg Young, RV solar solutions who is in San Antonio along with his helper Bill Murray. I know there's more out there, they are just who I've used personally.

Red
    Last edited by el Rojo; 01-18-2020 at 08:30 AM.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el Rojo View Post
    Hi Lorna, I don't want to be a negative "nancy" but you need to find someone who installs solar for a living, not just someone who would like to try it for the first time. The biggest concern I have is not using big enough wire to carry the amps. Is it possible for you to travel to an installer or wait until one passes through St. Louis?
    I agree, I want someone that knows what they are doing! It doesn't sound like this area anyone does solar.... even though I don't want solar right now, I am trying to work up to it.... Not sure where to "travel too or who would be passing by" I haven't spent the $ yet for everything, because no sense spending & having it sit somewhere in the house.... I have too much stuff now... But not sure where else to turn....

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zadiemay View Post
    I agree, I want someone that knows what they are doing! It doesn't sound like this area anyone does solar.... even though I don't want solar right now, I am trying to work up to it.... Not sure where to "travel too or who would be passing by" I haven't spent the $ yet for everything, because no sense spending & having it sit somewhere in the house.... I have too much stuff now... But not sure where else to turn....

I just edited my post.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el Rojo View Post
    I just edited my post.
    I am in the Saint Louis Metro area, I can't travel that far. I still work & MUST work every Wed. which is a VERY short tether.... I will see if I can do some more searches. Thanks for some names.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast