User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't buy a car with decals for the same reason I don't want them on my RV.

I find it interesting when people criticize full body paint (and diesel engines). If you offered it for free, 95% of buyers would take it so fast it would make your head spin. There is absolutely nothing wrong with not wanting to spend ten grand on the FBP option. It is very expensive and there are plenty of other things to spend your money on. But, full body paint won't fade crack or peel, requires a little less maintenance and stays a bit cleaner if waxed. And of course - it looks amazing.

But, to answer the OP's question - no it does not provide any additional protection from the elements. Well, except that there are no decals to protect.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had time not been a factor in our decision making process, it would have sealed the deal with our first choice of dealers. We were able to get a few upgrades and this dealer is the second closest which works out with our planned stops,
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target:

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How long did it take from order to delivery? We are leaning toward order - Will likely place order in first quarter of 2020

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chap442 View Post
    How long did it take from order to delivery? We are leaning toward order - Will likely place order in first quarter of 2020
    The new 2021 units will start around April? Check out might be nice to wait.

Ours took 2 months.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Site Team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    We ordered our 385GK last year. We negotiated the deal with the dealer prior to putting in the order. We put our down payment in and waited. I will do this every time. No one but us sat in the seats, no one pushed buttons, walked the floor, caused problems. Didn't keep the bubbles from forming on the slide wall, but everything else has been great. I believe we were in 2 months before we got the rig. We kept our trade in while we waited, so we didn't have any down time. I wanted full body paint and on board generator. I also had a heat strip put in. I wouldn't change a thing. I love this rig! It is my favorite one of the 8 I have owned in my life. I would order again, and will for our next rig, whatever that may be.
    Thanks,
    Chris
    Chris Tretta
    Albuquerque, NM

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
    2019 Grand Design 385GK
    2014 Grand Design 369RL - Sold
    Class A CDL, Doubles/Triples, Hazmat and Tanker endorsements

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

another point

My unit arrived 11 weeks arfter ordering. A consideration is you can insure your rig isnt exposed to road salt. I took deliver in Florida in August. So I know my rig hadnt travelled salty roads. My underside atill looks like new. The pictures of the corrosion on some rigs is awful.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the lot will offer more negotiating room, just like purchasing a vehicle. They want to move their inventory....especially inventory that has been around for awhile.

Keep in mind these depreciate like crazy and the MSRP is highly inflated. It is not unreasonable to pay 70% or less of MSRP. Of course your offer may be balked at, but stuck to your guns, they want to sell you a RV.

Avoid any long term financing, way too easy to get upside down with the depreciation in a RV.

Good luck, let us know how it works out.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Msrp

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    We ordered our 385GK last year. We negotiated the deal with the dealer prior to putting in the order. We put our down payment in and waited. I will do this every time. No one but us sat in the seats, no one pushed buttons, walked the floor, caused problems. Didn't keep the bubbles from forming on the slide wall, but everything else has been great. I believe we were in 2 months before we got the rig. We kept our trade in while we waited, so we didn't have any down time. I wanted full body paint and on board generator. I also had a heat strip put in. I wouldn't change a thing. I love this rig! It is my favorite one of the 8 I have owned in my life. I would order again, and will for our next rig, whatever that may be.
    Thanks,
    Chris
    What you are actually saying hear if I understand you correctly is 30% or less off of MSRP
    Jimmy

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you custom order, consider going for the double pane windows. Will help cut down on moisture on the windows due to the air space keeping the inner pane warmer.
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, that is correct 30% off MSRP.

Jim

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast