User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solitude 310GK pin height

Quick story my wife wanted to get out of the house the other day. Some how we ended up with a new 310GK. Any way my question is would the pin height be the same as a Reflection 303. We will be picking it up the end Jan and if I need to a just my hitch I would rather do it in my heated shop instead of a cold parking lot

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe there will be some difference that is mostly due to the different pin boxes, plus any squat from different pin weight. Reality is, you're fine towing a bit out of level and letting the equalizers due their job. Once you get the new rig loaded, you'll likely be adjusting anyway with shifted weight to the pin. It goes without saying you shouldn't tow home without ample bed rail clearance, and if there isn't have the dealer techs bring the pin box down in the wings and endure the cold!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it has a morryde pin box. we do pull with a Ford F350 DRW. The problem is our driveway has a curb and with the Reflection the trailer had to be level so the rear jacks wouldn't drag. I for got to measure the height of the jacks in the up position.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scott d View Post
    it has a morryde pin box. we do pull with a Ford F350 DRW. The problem is our driveway has a curb and with the Reflection the trailer had to be level so the rear jacks wouldn't drag. I for got to measure the height of the jacks in the up position.
    Ah... A separate gotcha! In a pinch, a couple planks of wood to ride the trailer tires higher till clear? Hopefully someone with more direct experience jumping from those models will chime in.

Good luck and congratulations on the 'unexpected' upgrade.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I have some boards just case.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scott d View Post
    Quick story my wife wanted to get out of the house the other day. Some how we ended up with a new 310GK. Any way my question is would the pin height be the same as a Reflection 303. We will be picking it up the end Jan and if I need to a just my hitch I would rather do it in my heated shop instead of a cold parking lot
    FWIW (not much) we traded a Reflection 320MKS and drove away with a Solitude 310GK without adjusting the hitch.

Neither trailer has been dead-level - both have been an inch or two higher at the front. Bed-rail clearance on both (on the same truck) has been adequate.

That and three bucks will get you a cup of coffee. (How long ago was it 50 cents?!)
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since we pull with DRW they are lower than SRW (at least with a Ford) our Reflection alway pull level. We double tow most of the time so it’s really better to be level. It’s good to know you left the hitch alone. thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post

That and three bucks will get you a cup of coffee. (How long ago was it 50 cents?!)
    Hate to show my age but when I was growing up the expression was "That and a dime..."
    2018 Solitude 310GK-R
    Titan Disk Brakes, MorRyde SRE 4000 with X Factor Crossmember
    2022 GMC 3500HD Duramax Crew Cab, 4x4, SRW 6’ box
    Factory 5th/Gooseneck Prep with 20K Reese Goosebox

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    ... That and three bucks will get you a cup of coffee. (How long ago was it 50 cents?!)
    Just paid 54 cents for a senior coffee at McDonald's a few minutes ago - pretty good, too.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Towing with a dually , my hitch plate is 1&3/4” below rail height, 55” off the ground. This gives me 6” clearance and a level rv. I had to move the hitch up 2” from where it was towing our Reflection.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin