User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion Observation doesn’t turn off

Dealer installed rear furrion observation monitor never shuts off. Blue light stays on night and day. Have you experienced this problem? It hasn’t been a problem because we’ve been mostly staying at parks. But, if we ever boondock I can see that draining the battery some. Besides, it can’t be that good for the camera if it’s “on” 24x7. Anyone experience this same problem? I apologize ahead of time if this has been discussed on the forum. I did searches and could not find anything significant.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has been a known problem for years. A few solutions, install your own switch on the power feed, or as most people seem to do, feed the camera from the +12v that is coming off the parking light supply. Turning on your parking lights will then power your camera. Obviously this will require you to always drive with your parking lights on which isnt a bad thing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, thx. Not much of an electrician. Will try to figure out how to feed the camera wires into the parking light supply. That seems like a cleaner approach less turning on the parking light.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomadic View Post
    Ok, thx. Not much of an electrician. Will try to figure out how to feed the camera wires into the parking light supply. That seems like a cleaner approach less turning on the parking light.
    If you do a search, you will find that fix, explained, with pictures. I think I remember seeing someone posted pics. Bruce finally hooked ours to the light wiring directly above the camera mount last summer. The hard part is getting the wires all back in the small spaces. After he was done, he used a small tube of GE adhesive silicone to ensure no water leaks. He was more bothered by having to do it while on the ladder. Don’t forget to actually turn your lights to the ON position in the truck, “AUTO” setting won’t do.
    N

I searched, and found many discussions re: Furrion backup camera rewiring to trailer lights. This is just one

General Tech | Technical Issues (not model specific)Electronics Rear Observation/Backup Camera

Ok, nomadic-I have no idea how to link this for you, but they are there. Just keep trying different Furrion camera wiring queries. Sorry
    Last edited by Houndbb; 12-29-2019 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Trying to add link-fail!
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Site Sponsor Gold Country Livin''s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Furrion camera.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	24054

Here's a picture, in case that helps. This was on the forum from a couple years ago which I borrowed. There is LOTS of posts about this topic here. I went with the marker light configuration since I always drive with headlights on anyway.
    2016 GMC 2500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
    2017 Reflection 303 RLS #13156 3/2017
    B & W turnover ball with Andersen Ultimate
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One more try

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...217;t-turn-off

Ha!!!
    Good luck. I’m sure you can do it.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For what it is worth, I installed the side and rear camera on my trailer. The side cameras had separate power feeds for the light and camera. I would think you can just power both of those off of the power feed for the lights and that takes care of them. For the rear camera, ya, need to rewire it to the marker light. Very annoying that they wire it this way at the factory but not too bad to fix.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Everyone, thx so much for your replies and help. I love this forum. It seems the “search” isnt that robust as you’d think “furrion” would’ve captured all occurrences of the subject matter. But, when I put in Houndbb’s search text somehow they bring up more hits than my initial. Go figure. So I apologize for not seeing what’s already out there.

Just went outside and on our Momentum 388 TH the camera is directly on top of the marker light. Not like in the pic from Gold-Country-Livin’ where there is some spacing. So, I’m thinking I will be able to tap into the parking light here albeit tight, if I go that way. We bought our rig in 2017 and if this is still how GD is doing it ... well, kinda funky on there part. Kinda a no brainer to NOT have this thing on all the time. Especially, if people are boondocking and every battery trickle a big concern.

IMHO a switch is the proper solution especially if people want to use it as an observation camera within the rig. Having it tied solely to the parking lights prevents this option. Lastly, wouldn’t it be cool to have as an option pluggable side observation cameras as well. Rears are for driving. But, when you settle in, from a security standpoint, all of them are important.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Everyone, thx so much for your replies and help. I love this forum. It seems the “search” isnt that robust as you’d think “furrion” would’ve captured all occurrences of the subject matter. But, when I put in Houndbb’s search text somehow they bring up more hits than my initial. Go figure. So I apologize for not seeing what’s already out there.

Just went outside and on our Momentum 388 TH the camera is directly on top of the marker light. Not like in the pic from Gold-Country-Livin’ where there is some spacing. So, I’m thinking I will be able to tap into the parking light here albeit tight, if I go that way. We bought our rig in 2017 and if this is still how GD is doing it ... well, kinda funky on there part. Kinda a no brainer to NOT have this thing on all the time. Especially, if people are boondocking and every battery trickle a big concern.

IMHO a switch is the proper solution especially if people want to use it as an observation camera within the rig. Having it tied solely to the parking lights prevents this option. Lastly, wouldn’t it be cool to have as an option pluggable side observation cameras as well. Rears are for driving. But, when you settle in, from a security standpoint, all of them are important.
    Nomadic,
    Glad you found the relevant threads. I’ve searched for threads I know I’ve read, only to get zero results. Usually, I ponder how I can (or how others did) rephrase the pertinent content and try a couple times more.

You make some good points, and from what I’ve gleaned from reading posts by owners of newer models, the assembly process changed to electrical connection to the lights. Then, someone will come along with a newer model where the assembler didn’t get the memo. Good thing we’re all here, talking (and doing something) about it.
    By the way, have you seen the new model trucks with multiple cameras? They are able to “fill in” visual information to provide a picture of objects in the driver’s blind spots. Now that would really be a help to trailer haulers!!
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya, the new trucks are amazing. And, this said by an owner of a 2014 Laramie longhorn edition.

I think understanding these blind spots in rigs is the next evolution of things. I think the original concept was getting out and having fun. Which of course is still the idea. But, in today’s kooky world, safety is so sketchy and unclear. Especially, the longer you stay at places. You hear something going on outside, flip a switch, look at the inside monitor to view the rig 360, it’s nothing, you go back to bed ... or you see some suspicious characters outside and they’re not going away. An appropriate call is made. The point, you don't need to go outside and possibly place yourself in harms way if it’s necessary.

I’m liking the switch vs directly to the parking lamp more and more.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast