User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totes, baskets, bags to take clothes and supplies to TT

Do you have special totes containers to take cloths, food, etc.. to your TT to make it easier to load and unload? I am thinking of getting plastic shopping baskets like one would carry to shop. At this time we use lawnder baskets to tote everything, but large and cumbersome. Thanks for your thoughts/tips
    Lakeland FL.
    2016 1500 Ram Crew
    2019- imagine-2150RB

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we had a TT I used Rubbermade totes, you can pick the size that is the best fit for your needs
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use something like this: https://www.containerstore.com/s/bam...ding%20laundry

Except the two we use separate from the frame and the frame folds flat for easy storage in the trailer while the bag turns into a tote that goes back and forth to the house. Wish I could find a link for what we use. It's super convenient.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am hoping for something with handles. But my measure my needs and do Rubbermaid’s. Like the laundry bag, but to deep/tall

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use laundry baskets for items that just go from the house to the camper and into the spot there (like fridge, kitchen cabinets, and just on the bed for closet stuff)

We use one of the collapsible fold up hampers to carry clean clothes and linens and to return home with dirties.

We are fortunate to have several folding cloth bags from various RV shows and Grand Design rallies for other stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use totes (with and without their lids) and/or laundry baskets. They stack up nicely on our hand truck, thereby making for fewer trips. (If you don’t have a hand truck, a not so little red wagon will do.) We have several totes, Rubbermaid, Sterelite, that hold the items we take out of the trailer for winter storage. Once spring comes, all that stuff goes back in, leaving the totes free for transporting items back and forth for each trip.

And in the same vein, for camping, we use lots of dairy crates (I’ve had them since college days). They don’t accumulate water, are easily cleaned, and can double as small tables, stools, or seats.
    N
    Last edited by Houndbb; 12-30-2019 at 07:52 AM.
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess the thread shows that there's no one solution.

We use Rubbermaid-style totes for initial food loading, for things that usually go from home/truck into the basement, and for things that stay in the basement. Voice of experience: while it may seem smart to buy clear ones so you can see what's inside they break easily; not nearly as rugged as others.

We use big blue IKEA plastic shopping bags for most other things that go into and come out of the interior of the trailer, mostly soft stuff. Most of the interior hard stuff (kitchen equipment, dinnerware, entertainment equipment) stays in the trailer all the time so doesn't have to be moved back and forth. The IKEA bags do double-duty as laundry bags and occasional other things while we're living in the trailer.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch