User Tag List

Thread: Tri-Fold Couch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tri-Fold Couch

My question is the comfort of the tri-fold sofa. I know most people replace the bed mattress like quickly. Ha. But as I know our sleeping habits are that one of us is always hitting it early and other stays up. I can see many nights using the sofa but that doesn’t look that comfortable. What do people do? Add foam or just get rid of it and add a better pull out sofa with a better mattress? See lots of info about beds but nothing really on that pull out sofa. Thanks.....
    F350 6.7 Diesel 4*4 Long Bed SRW 3.55
    5th Wheel TBD

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have hit on a sore subject, literally. After trying to spend a couple of nights on the pull out tri-fold couch our son (41) complained of a sore back. So we put some foam down on it for him on his next visit, same thing. So we put a cheap air mattress on top of that, still uncomfortable.

His next trip he brought his own inflatable air bed. We left the couch folded up and just inflated/deflated the air bed. He was finally comfortable.

The grandkids are still small enough they can sleep on the couch while it's folded up, no complaints there. Of course they are just as comfortable rolled up in a blanket on the floor. I am pretty sure they could also sleep on the staircase, kids are amazing....
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll ditto what Dallas just said. After having 3 different people refuse to sleep on the tri fold we now have an air bed. Got a lower sitting model so it can be carried up to the bedroom (still made up) and placed on the bed during the day. We get the livingroom back and don't have to strip the bed each day.

So far the first guest to use it was much happier
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 12-31-2019 at 12:27 PM.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/