User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Battery Connection

Good day and a Happy New Year to all! We own a Refection 297RSTS. Back in October I removed the battery and stored it here in the basement of our house. Not thinking at the time (A common rookie mistake of mine) I probably should have taken a picture of it before I removed it from the trailer. That being said we are getting ready to leave for Texas and went to the storage lot to put the battery back in. There is a red cable a black cable a red and white wire and a solid white wire. My question is about the red and white wire and the white wire. What are they to? I believe them to be for the solar charge for the batteries. I have been told by some that they don’t have to be hooked up if you do not use solar. My question is does it hurt anything if they are hooked up? I believe I had to unhook them when I removed the battery. I have the red and white going to the positive side and the white going to the negative side. Is this correct? Thanks everyone!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I can't tell you which wire goes where but I can tell you that it's likely that those mystery wires feed one or more circuits to power the landing gear, smoke and propane alarms, and a few other things that remain powered when the main battery "kill" switch is turned off.

Your guess about red positive / white negative seems reasonable but (a) I don't want to misguide and (b) some factory technicians seem to be color-blind when it comes to wiring.

If nobody shows up here with experienced / knowledgeable answers, try tracing power from the landing gear controller to see how it arrives at the battery. The power for the landing gear usually passes through an auto-resetting breaker usually found on the back wall of the front compartment near the battery. If you can identify that breaker and follow wire from it to a battery connector that connector should be the positive supply for the landing gear (and a few other things) which I'd *guess* may be the red wire.

Good luck and I hope you get better advice.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch