User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the Aluminum Ultimate as well. I agree with dirtclod, it's simple and easy with the coverage of pin and weight for our Solitude 369RL. I have the puck system with a gooseneck ball in my F350 and it's completely silent loaded and unloaded. It will likely stay in the truck for the camping season (unless I need to haul a load of rock).
    Barb, Lyle and the 3 four-legged kids
    2015 Solitude 369RL #3521
    2018 Ford F350 DRW

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We went with a B&W Companion RVK3600 (http://www.ramgunner.com/rvk3600.html) which drops into the pucks in our 2014 Ram 3500. 25,000 lbs tow and 6250 lbs pin weight, so it doesn't limit the truck. We can hitch up to any 5th wheel in any situation and go without needing to install or remove adapters. It comes out in two parts which leaves us a flat bed, and there are ways to move the heavier base without needing to lift it if you want (http://www.ramgunner.com/stark_crane.html).

In addition, it doesn't cause issues with the Lippert frame warranty. If you use the Andersen it will void the frame warranty - I have that straight from Lippert on 18-December-2014.

If Andersen comes out with a pin box with their interface in it, and gets it accepted by trailer and frame manufacturers, then I'd be willing to look at them.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ..The district mgr for gd states no problem w lippert warranty with andersen..

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamGunner View Post

In addition, it doesn't cause issues with the Lippert frame warranty. If you use the Andersen it will void the frame warranty - I have that straight from Lippert on 18-December-2014.

This was posted 08-26-14 in the Tech Corner.

This is to follow up on my prior post... The Andersen "Ultimate" fifth wheel hitch is now approved by Lippert Components, Inc. (LCI).

Best regards,
    ~ Janice
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Janice and all,

I looked into the issue for another forum when the Andersen hitch came up, and I contacted Media Relations for Lippert. After going through several departments at Lippert, the statement they gave me on 18-December-2014 was verbatim as follows...

"LIPPERT is not endorsing the Anderson ultimate hitch any longer and not giving warranty support. "

Since that is dated after your information, and it states "any longer", then it appears that something changed.

ETA - I just sent them a request for any updates, but the last information I have is dated later than yours.
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got the smaller B&W Patriot, and their products are top notch in quality and workmanship. You're not suffering sticking with their products.

The Anderson's also a good hitch, but it appears a little harder to hook up. You've got to be right on the money up and back, right and left to get the hitch over the elevated ball. It almost takes a television camera/monitor to hook it up, as my spotter and I (my wife) have a difficult time with verbal communication when hooking up trailers.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the Andeson hitch also. I use a truck with a pickup bed and one with a flat bed. All you have to do is use the extension tube for the flat bed. Its very handy to use in two diffrent trucks.
    Reflection 337
    2012 F-250 26,000 miles
    2015 F-250 46,000 miles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamGunner View Post
    Janice and all,

I looked into the issue for another forum when the Andersen hitch came up, and I contacted Media Relations for Lippert. After going through several departments at Lippert, the statement they gave me on 18-December-2014 was verbatim as follows...

"LIPPERT is not endorsing the Anderson ultimate hitch any longer and not giving warranty support. "

Since that is dated after your information, and it states "any longer", then it appears that something changed.

ETA - I just sent them a request for any updates, but the last information I have is dated later than yours.
    I just got a note back from Lippert, and they confirmed that this is correct.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which way is it? Yes they do support it or no they don't support it? Hello GD? Will call Anderson this morning and hear there side of story?
    Becky, BoBo and Mike
    2015 Solitude 369RL
    2020 GMC 2500 Duramax
    Anderson Ultimate 5th wheel hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Anderson looks interesting but is it usable with short bed trucks? Looks to me like there is a chance of hitting the cab.
    Paul
    North Bay, Ontario
    2014 Reflection 293RES
    VIN # 200283
    2014 Ram 2500

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast