4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IF you want a response from GD, post in in the "Manufacturer's Corner."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be interesting to find out why they wouldn't support it.

Regards,

AJ

2015 FORD F450 Lariat Ultimate
    2012 HD RoadGlide Ultra
    2015 GD Momentum 350M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They didn't provide a specific reason when I asked previously. But they did confirm that they don't support it.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Here's another way to look at it. Andersen is so confident in their product they offer a $5 Million warranty - Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection $5 Million supplemental warranty. If you go to their website and under the 5th wheel hitch tab you will find the .pdf for this warranty. It basically says that if the trailer or frame manufacturer refuses a claim based on the hitch, they will take care of it.

I personally could care less if either GD or Lippert tried to void my warranty because I use an Andersen hitch. They'd be in for a heck of a fight with me. I have always modified my cars and trucks and whatever well beyond what manufacturer's approve and have never had a problem at service time or feared of a problem. Remember, it would have to be proven that the modification, in this case the 5th wheel hitch, caused the failure in the part or system being submitted for repair under warranty. I mean really, what are the odds of that?

Some people are afraid of their own shadow!

JMHO, YMMV
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy's 5th Wheel View Post
    Here's another way to look at it. Andersen is so confident in their product they offer a $5 Million warranty - Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection $5 Million supplemental warranty. If you go to their website and under the 5th wheel hitch tab you will find the .pdf for this warranty. It basically says that if the trailer or frame manufacturer refuses a claim based on the hitch, they will take care of it.
    You forgot the part about "as long as the hitch is shown to be the cause". It would end up in finger pointing and litigation. Some of us would simply prefer to avoid the hassle on our $70K+ purchases by using something that the whole system is designed to use.
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamGunner View Post
    You forgot the part about "as long as the hitch is shown to be the cause". It would end up in finger pointing and litigation. Some of us would simply prefer to avoid the hassle on our $70K+ purchases by using something that the whole system is designed to use.
    I didn't forget it at all. I provided the link and the warranty should be read carefully. I certainly respect your right to feel that way, I just find life too short to be so worried down in the blues. Do you do any modifications to your truck or trailer?
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty tough to support the Anderson hitch then decide that you'll no longer support it! What about those that purchased based on that initial support...are they SOL?

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I contacted Andersons this morning about issue, here's there reply.

Thank you for contacting Andersen Hitches today. Here's some details regarding your question about the Ultimate Connection 5th Wheel Hitch warranty. The Ultimate Connection was designed and tested as a 5th Wheel Hitch and because it takes the leverage back up to the king pin, just like any 5th Wheel Hitch does, it should be considered a standard 5th Wheel Hitch not an adapter – and therefore should not void the warranty of any frame and component manufacturer. We now have over 10,000 units on the road (since February of 2011), and have not had one failure yet. That's a track record we're proud of.

In the past we have heard of a few RV/Trailer Frame manufacturers who have said (or implied) that they will void the warranty on their 5th Wheel trailer or frame if our hitch (or any other manufacturer's adapter) is used for hooking up. We have conducted extensive research and found out that officially, that is illegal. According to the FTC’s Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act they can only void the warranty if the adapter actually CAUSES damage (proven by them), and not simply if it is USED.

Click here to view or download the detailed information about the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.http://www.mediafire.com/view/8x9l5u15h2eder3

Since a few trailer frame manufacturers continue to ignore that law and still talk of voiding warranties, we decided to by-pass them and provide our own supplemental trailer/frame warranty. Here's the official announcement:

Released April 2013 – Andersen Manufacturing (dba Andersen Hitches) is so confident in the Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection that we have implemented a program in which we will cover the trailer frame and king pin through our own supplemental warranty under our own insurance company for up to $5 million dollars!

Andersen Manufacturing Supplemental Warranty for Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection…

If a consumer or Dealer is denied warranty coverage by an RV manufacturer, Trailer Frame manufacturer or King Pin manufacturer, because of failure or damage alleged to have been caused by use of the Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection (gooseneck or rail mount), and it is proven that the damage was caused by the Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection, then Andersen Manufacturing will cover said failure or damage up to $5,000,000 (five million dollars) and pay the End User an additional $500 (five hundred dollars) for inconvenience.
    Click here to view or download the detailed Supplemental Warranty on letterhead.

On a side note, The Ultimate Connection does not change the point of pushing and pulling between the king pin and the RV, making it nearly impossible to cause the type of failure a typical adapter might cause. We do not have any problems with flexing, bucking etc. when towing with our Ultimate Connection and we do not see how it could ever cause a problem.

Please feel free to contact us again if you have further questions.

Andrew Porter | Vice President
    Andersen Hitches …Made in America!
    Off: 208.523.6460 | Fax: 208.523.6562
    www.andersenhitches.com

There you have it

Mike
    Becky, BoBo and Mike
    2015 Solitude 369RL
    2020 GMC 2500 Duramax
    Anderson Ultimate 5th wheel hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy's 5th Wheel View Post
    I didn't forget it at all. I provided the link and the warranty should be read carefully. I certainly respect your right to feel that way, I just find life too short to be so worried down in the blues. Do you do any modifications to your truck or trailer?
    Since I use a 5th wheel hitch with capabilities well in excess of what I require, I don't have anything to be worried about.

As for truck modifications, if you've looked at our site you will see that we have drilled holes in the top of the cab for antennas and made a few other additions - but nothing to the powertrain, suspension, emissions, etc. We bought the right truck for the job and don't need any substantial modifications to do what we need to.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the supplemental warranty in writing from Ryan Andersen, President of Andersen Hitches.

My RV dealer is working to become an Andersen dealer. They think highly of the product and were delighted to see my Solitude hooked to the it. The adapter took me 5 minutes to install and the owner of the RV dealer asked how quickly it could be removed in the event the coach needed to be moved by someone without an Andersen (5 minutes).

All the more reason they are pursuing becoming a dealer. They sell all the other major brands but like what the Andersen hitch provides in weight and cost savings for their customers.
    Barb, Lyle and the 3 four-legged kids
    2015 Solitude 369RL #3521
    2018 Ford F350 DRW

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast