User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePowells View Post
    You are updating to heavier bearings, but what the springs rated for? Your weight rating actually depends on the weakest link.
    The reason to upgrade to 8000k Rotors is not to increse the weight capability of the trailer, but, to increase the reliability of the bearings and stopping power of the disc brakes. The cost is nominal for the 8000k upgrade and having better bearings can be priceless.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    My installer said they regularly cut one of the wires for the brake lights and use that wire to pull all the necessary wires into the hold (along with a replacement brake light wire).

A Pro tip !!!
    That is a good tip but on my rig the cable come out of the junction box above the pinbox and is wrapped in a sleeve. The bundle goes toward the door side of the RV and comes out at the very top of the propane compartment. It makes a sharp turn aft. Then another sharp turn into the back of the foward compartment. I don't think it would be possible to pull a wire through.

I have seen videos fishing wires stright back into the forward bay just above the bottom skin. I'm going to try that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If bill hasn't shipped your kit yet, he can ship direct to the installer (that's how we did it) for you.
    Just a thought.
    Hi Dave:

Your guy is very reasonable. I was thinking of possibly stopping by on my way home to have it installed. He needs the trailer for at least one full day and said to plan for two just in case. We are traveling with an African Gray parrot and its going to a little inconvenient finding a hotel for us.

Thanks but I'm going to do the job myself when i get home after March.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used NiCopp from Advance Auto.
    2022 Soitude 390RK-R GMC Denali
    Haoview camera system; Traxx automatic Water softer; RVLock V4.0 Keyless Entry; RV; Comfort System "Cheap Heat"; Dometic 510 Toilet; Eurgeen Small Dehumidifier; Bluonics RO water filter; AP 24-1002 Propane Tank Gas Level Indicator

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Ed, i'll keep you guys posted on how it goes.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We decided to go with the 8,000 lb Rotors because, the cost to upgrade is minimal and you get more stopping power and heavier duty bearings.

Because I upgraded to the 8000k Rotors, I needed to get larger lug nuts for my wheels and Bill supplied them with the kit.
    The original wheels will work with the larger 9/16" wheel studs? And also with the hub-centric mounting vs the 7k hubs using lug nut centering?
    I thought for sure I would have to by new wheels if I switched over to the 8k hubs.
    2020 381M with Goosebox
    2006 F-450 16k GVWR

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarylB View Post
    The original wheels will work with the larger 9/16" wheel studs? And also with the hub-centric mounting vs the 7k hubs using lug nut centering?
    I thought for sure I would have to by new wheels if I switched over to the 8k hubs.
    My Original Wheels worked fine. Bill's main concern was to check to see that a 7/8 inch socket would fit into the lug nut holes on the wheels. I checked and I have no problem with the 7/8" socket fitting onto the new lug nuts.

By-the-way, I recently drove with the new brakes and it seems like I can stop almost too quick, the truck and trailer are very much stopping as one unit.

I also do not feel any delay in braking due to the electric-over-hydraulic braking system. This might be due to Ford having a setting for EOH brakes in the OEM Controller.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just finished installing my Disk Brake setup from Stop Your Trailer a couple of weeks ago. I am very satisfied with the result. I took my time but finished in a week and we had some rain a few of those days. I was most worried about running a cable from the pin box to inside the trailer. That was actually the easiest part. Thanks for your help and encouragement.

Here is a link to my thread.
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...ke-DIY-Project
    Best regards, Lou & Diane Cetrangelo, Saint James, NY
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat | Dually | Diesel | 4x4 | Super Cab | 8' Bed | B&W Goose Ball
    2020 Solitude 310GK | Reese 20k Goosebox |1,550 Watts of Solar | Victron 3k Mutiplus II | 3 SOK 206 AH Batteries | Disk Brakes | MorRide IS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much should a disc conversion cost? Not doing suspension just brakes with 9/16 studs. Will use a local garage for the install.
    Thanks!
    If You are Lucky ... You are Lucky Enough

Bob & Jayne
    Ninety Six, SC & Ft. Myers, FL
    2022 Solitude 390 GK R
    2020 RAM 3500 SRD 4x4 Limited
    6.7l H/O & Aisin trans

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckyenough View Post
    How much should a disc conversion cost? Not doing suspension just brakes with 9/16 studs. Will use a local garage for the install.
    Thanks!
    I did mine myself but i had quotes from $600 to $1,000 from a shop with RV experience.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast