User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

369RL Self induced Slide issue

Hello all,
    not going to play the blame game... so just the facts. double slide was brought in against the new ottoman that was just put in (and everyone was told it had to be turned lengthwise before we brought the slides in ugh). I heard a loud metal pop and now the back slide on one side doesn't work. Anyone done this yet? and more important, can I fix it? or is a repair facility only project?
    thanks Alan

also anyone have any websites where videos are posted about repairs (other than Utube)

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlannLori View Post
    Hello all,
    not going to play the blame game... so just the facts. double slide was brought in against the new ottoman that was just put in (and everyone was told it had to be turned lengthwise before we brought the slides in ugh). I heard a loud metal pop and now the back slide on one side doesn't work. Anyone done this yet? and more important, can I fix it? or is a repair facility only project?
    thanks Alan

also anyone have any websites where videos are posted about repairs (other than Utube)
    Many have, and in many brands and models... Search is your friend, and here is one result:

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...528#post233528
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't feel bad, it's happened to several of us. The second time I used my brand new Solitude last year I ran the main slides in without folding down the dinette table leaf...ugh! Yep it folded the kitchen island over enough to dent the reefer door lol Couple days at the dealer and it was good as new so no worries, yours is fixable.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, we have (way down) on the repair list to replace the vertical flat piece that trims the edge of the molding on the left living room. One of the recliner tables was left in place and during the travels rotated and got jammed between the corner of the slide and wall when extending the slide.
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target:

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just glad I learned my lesson when I crushed the Kleenex box that fell off the sofa end table. No damage, well, except to the kleenex box. But it made a big pop and I was worried until I figured out what it was.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for the response. Have not had a chance to look and see what has broken. Hopefully on Saturday. Will keep you all updated and will try to attach pics.
    Alan

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, got to the slide today, It was the front pinion gear. Two teeth sheared off, You would have thought the small bolt would have sheared first like it was designed to, but alas, is not the case. Ok next question, does anyone know the part number for the pinion gear set. It has 15 teeth (well actually 13 but it is supposed to have 15!!!!) Too many choices on Amazon and of course its sunday and no dealer is open today. 2016 Solitude 369RL

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just wanted to update everyone, Pinion gear replaced, slide aligned, all good, thank you again for all your input. Thread closed