User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moppie14 View Post
    When I get enough time I will remove the camera and marker light and see if I can locate and determine if there is enough wire to hook up the camera to the clearance light line. I really don't like to mess with factory wiring because you don't really know what they have done to make things work, as a rule the factory usually does not make splices in wire runs, but there must be a junction somewhere because all three fans are on the same 15 amp fuse. You are correct I really don't want to have to constantly remove a fuse and reinstall for fan use. I think the white wire usually the hot wire, and black ground. Sounds very easy enough, but when it comes to electrical you never know what lies the areas you can't see.
    Just as an FYI, Black is usually the hot wire and white is the ground.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    Just as an FYI, Black is usually the hot wire and white is the ground.

Rob
    Thanks for the info

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moppie14 View Post
    When I get enough time I will remove the camera and marker light and see if I can locate and determine if there is enough wire to hook up the camera to the clearance light line. I really don't like to mess with factory wiring because you don't really know what they have done to make things work, as a rule the factory usually does not make splices in wire runs, but there must be a junction somewhere because all three fans are on the same 15 amp fuse. You are correct I really don't want to have to constantly remove a fuse and reinstall for fan use. I think the white wire usually the hot wire, and black ground. Sounds very easy enough, but when it comes to electrical you never know what lies the areas you can't see.
    I removed the camera and housing along with the clearance light to gain access to the wiring. As it turned out when the factory connected the camera lead wire they used connectors that were larger than the access hole. I had to cut the clearance light lead wires as close as I could so that I could add additional length wire to the clearance light wires .I than spliced the additional length needed to hook up the camera lead wire. I had removed the original camera lead wire and caped the positive wire so as to have no additional issues later. I than fished the new camera lead wire that came with the camera and shortened and spliced to the clearance light wires. Now when my daylight lights are on my camera has power, on my truck you can turn on the daylight lights when you want. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020207.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	24114I'm now all set. I thank everyone for all the advise. This would have been a lot easier had the factory not had short wires and a large splice connector. See photo's.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020212.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	24115

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took camera wire through the wall and put a switch in the cabinet. Then I found out the camera was only pulling .1 - .2 amps per hour. then my wife complained that the switch was in the way of what she wanted to store in the cabinet so I went back to original. Besides half the time I would forget to turn the switch back on and by then I was in the truck and ready to go!
    Bill Skinner, Buford GA
    2015 Reflection 29 RS
    2019 Ford F250 gas; 4.3 Diff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12