Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Portland, OR Looking For Suggestions On a RV CG

My wife has just accepted her next Travel Nurse assignment in Portland, OR. Understanding traffic is really bad there, we are looking to get a CG as close to the office she will begin her days. We found 2- that are under 10-miles, Jantzen Beach RV Park & Columbia River RV Park. Looking at reviews on RV Park Reviews it looks like the only negative is since they are close to the airport it gets noisy. Other parks I noticed report not very promising reviews or are over 15 miles away. Looking for any information on these two RV parks, or any other suggestions we have missed. For those who may be familiar with streets in Portland the office is located in the 2700 block of NW Vaughn St. Thx.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve stayed at Jansen beach. It’s not bad but you will have airplanes overhead. It never bothered me but it can be bothersome if you’re a light sleeper. Give the work location I don’t think there are a ton of choices if you want to be close. And yes the traffic is horrible unless you can commute in the off hours.
    2022 F350 DRW - Lariat, LBCC, 4x4, 7.3L, 4.30 gears
    2018 Imagine 2150RB (SOLD)
    2005 Four Wheel Camper, Grandby (Slide-in Popup)
    2020 Reflection 337RLS (SOLD)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Riverrunner.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I worked in that vicinity and lived in the Sherwood area back in the 1990's. Traffic was becoming a major headache then, and I can't imagine it's much better. I used to have a "shortcut" through Washington Park that I'd use when I-5 was stopped and 26 was backed up, which made it pretty fast to get to the Beaverton area. The City of Portland appears to have blocked it off now, but Burnside should be an option.

There aren't many great options for RV living and commuting to that area. The parks you listed are going to be the closest.

There is a little spot in downtown Beaverton that's very easy to overlook, but MIGHT have an RV space. It's http://mobilehomecorral.com/ Using Burnside to come down "the back way" into Beaverton (to Barnes and down 217, or even SW Skyline to Canyon Road) would give some options.

I've never stayed there, but we are thinking about taking a vacation back there in a year or two and I've been researching parks, that's how I found it.

There is also Roamers Rest near King City https://roamersrestrvpark.com/ Never stayed there, but drove past it often on my way to work.

http://www.pheasantridge.com/ is down in Wilsonville. I-5 straight up to Portland, but traffic will be an issue. I think those are all of the parks in the area.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 01-03-2020 at 08:34 AM.
    2016 Grand Design Momentum 385TH
    2014 Ram 3500 CC/LB/CTD/Aisin/4.10
    2014 Polaris RZR 800EPS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did find one other in the Portland area while Google mapping. It's a bit out there, but might be a possibility.

https://rvonthego.com/oregon/portland-fairview-rv-park/
    2016 Grand Design Momentum 385TH
    2014 Ram 3500 CC/LB/CTD/Aisin/4.10
    2014 Polaris RZR 800EPS