User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a slide roller cause beginning of a divot on the floor in front of the kitchen island. When the kitchen slide went over center when being retracted the roller would contact the floor.

What I have done ECERY time I retract the slide is to take a piece of flat steel to the floor and the roller rides on it. It totally eliminated any depression or damage to the floor.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 818C27E5-84C8-43BE-BE41-954929991328.jpeg  
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also have one roller that was putting a dent in the floor while the slide was retracted.
    Put a piece of L shaped sheet metal under the roller, butted up to the edge of the slide trim.
    Have to give painters tape on the leading edge of the metal a try when bringing in the slide.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only one slightly related issue but on living dining slide. One of the screws holding the theater seats was protruding thru the slide floor and gouged the floor cover. Told the dealer but have not brought it back for initial (small ) warranty list. In the mean time I removed all the screws and replaced with homemade hold down brackets.
    Walter and Judy
    2019 Grand Design - Imagine 2670MK
    2016 Chevy Silverado 1500 Factory Towing Model
    Home Base is Portsmouth, VA
    Retired Machinist, Firefighter and still active dance instructors.
    Always camping with our three kitties.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we had the same thing happen to our 2015 317RST, its not as bad as yours. GD would not do anything, it was out of warranty and the extended warranty we bought said they didn't cover anything that was glued in so we were out of luck. we have learned to live with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In 2007 we bought a new Sunline, when we got it home (90miles) we opened the slider and a loose screw was caught and ripped the floor up. My husband repaired and from then on I never closed up without cleaning the floor and always checking for any debris/pebbles etc. I still to this day check my reflection sliders opening and closing.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    Viper
    Have you done this adjustment?

Vertical adjustment
    1. Loosen 2 carriage bolts (Fig. 17A) on each bracket located at the end of each guide tube.
    2. Loosen jam nut (Fig. 18A).
    3. For vertical adjustment, turn vertical adjustment bolt (Fig. 18B) up or down to locate room height.
    4. Once room height is located, tighten jam nut (Fig. 18A) and 2 carriage bolts (Fig. 17A).

I think I need to raise the slide just a hair to release just a bit of pressure on the slide rollers by doing the above adjustment.

Thoughts??? KEN
    I was hoping that this thread was going to help others and myself figure out how to do the adjustment.

Has anyone done the above adjustment or seen it done. I don't know if I need to go up or down. ( 3. For vertical adjustment, turn vertical adjustment bolt (Fig. 18B) up or down to locate room height.).

Thanks, KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was hoping that this thread was going to help others and myself figure out how to do the adjustment.

Has anyone done the above adjustment or seen it done. I don't know if I need to go up or down. ( 3. For vertical adjustment, turn vertical adjustment bolt (Fig. 18B) up or down to locate room height.).

Thanks, KEN
    Ken, when you start moving the adjuster bolt it's pretty obvious which way the slide box is moving. GENERALLY, clockwise (tighten) raises and counterclockwise (loosen) lowers. Before you ever make ANY adjustment, match mark so you know where the factory position was in case you need to return to that baseline. Also, before doing any adjustment, make sure it makes sense to do so because if your slide box floor is not flat, or you main camper floor not flat - use long straightedge or string line to verify - adjusting the slide may not be effective.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same thing happened to me. It means your slides are out of alignment. I purchased these: Lippert 134993 RV Carpet Protection Slide-Out Slicker. Grind off the points. Also, buy https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 You can order these on Amazon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same problem a few years ago. The dealership replaced my whole tile after trying to piece it together. Grand design gave them instructions to add wider and more rollers to my kitchen slide which did the trick. I haven’t had any problems since then.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, KEN
    Ken I have a similar issue but not quite as bad. My slideout rubs the floor in on spot causing some scratches. My rollers are mounted on the floor so my train of thought is to lower the slideout so that the back tilts down and the inside tilts up slightly to give me some clearance. Just my thought but a bit to nervous to make the change right now. Trailer is going to sleep now for the winter. Maybe make the adjustment in the spring.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast