Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can am Spyder

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can am Spyder

Is anyone hauling a Can am Spyder in a momentum? What size garage and any particular issues to watch out for?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 394M that we haul 2 Can Am Spyders in. I drive in the F3 to the left side and pull the rear wheel over towards the wall by hand. We back the RTS in next to it on the right side. I tie down the back wheels and the inside front wheels with 2 ratchet straps on each so they do not move. We have done this for 2 years and towed about 3,000 miles with the Spyders. We do raise the front of the trailer up to reduce the angle of the ramp and I hit the ramp at an angle so one front tire goes on the ramp before the other. This way I don't bottom out much. I do have skid plates on each Spyder and hit the RTS skid plate when backing in often but there has not been any damage because it just barely touches. The 394M has a 12.5 foot garage.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great info, thanks. We have a RTL. Thought I would have to hit the ramp at an angle. What do you pull the rig with?

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RTJERRY View Post
    Great info, thanks. We have a RTL. Thought I would have to hit the ramp at an angle. What do you pull the rig with?
    The 394M has a GVWR of 20,000 lbs.....I have one also. That trailer needs a Dually in order to stay within all of the load capacities for a tow vehicle.....GVWR, GCVWR, RAWR, FAWR, Payload, etc. If the trailer is loaded to the GVWR or close to it, you will likely be looking at pin weights above 4000 lbs.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pull it with a 2017 F350 Crew Cab Dually. When fully loaded I wouldn't want to have any smaller tow vehicle.

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update......We will be picking up a new (2019) Spyder RT Limited on Feb. 28th....Phoenix Orange Metallic/Dark Trim. I can hardly wait!
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for this information all!. We are looking at loading a 2008 Gold Wing and 2013 Can Am Spyder RT Limited in a 397TH. Based on what we are reading, it should work (fingers crossed)!!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put. 2X6 underneath edge of ramp, that 1.5" makes the difference of scraping bottom or not at top of ramp entering.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doghouse58 View Post
    I put. 2X6 underneath edge of ramp, that 1.5" makes the difference of scraping bottom or not at top of ramp entering.
    I really appreciate this tip! Thanks!

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doghouse58 View Post
    Are you talking about placing the 2x6s at the end of the ramp that is on the ground, or when you get the Spyder up the ramp and about to go in the trailer? Your statement wasn't clear to me...sorry!
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast