Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all. Have never had tires changed on my TT, so this may be a dumb question. Is this something that requires dropping the trailer in lot at tire store and coming back later? Or do you make an appointment and wait while they install while hooked up? Thanks in advance!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GMCPapa View Post
    Hi all. Have never had tires changed on my TT, so this may be a dumb question. Is this something that requires dropping the trailer in lot at tire store and coming back later? Or do you make an appointment and wait while they install while hooked up? Thanks in advance!
    I park the truck and trailer in their lot, leave everything hooked up and then they change out while I wait. Has worked really well for me a couple of times.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have done it both ways. Usually the seem to like it hooked up but do make an appointment at their convenience. They are three block from my house and have to order the tires and am retired so time is on my side.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have Discount Tire in your area go see them. I was on my way camping on a Friday morning with my Reflection 5th wheel a couple of years ago. Noticed a big ole roofing nail in the sidewall on my 2 month old Westlake. Went to Discount, no appointment, and they had 5 Goodyear Endurance in stock. I was in and out in an hour no kidding!
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghdorn View Post
    The 3000bh has Westlake and am going to replace asp. Trying to decide between sailun
    , Maxxis or the Goodyear endurances. Open to comments. I use discount tires a lot a don't think they carry the sailuns. But Walmart does. Love the free rotation at discount. Decisions Decisions Decisions.....
    I have had good results using Maxxis. Endurance are good tires I think, but mileage was disappointing, only about 12000 miles. Good decision to replace Westlakes. I had a tread come off one that was less than two years old and less than 15000 miles. I drive less than 65 at all times and keep them inflated to 80 psi. Good luck with your choice.

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had Endurance on a previous trailer and think they're excellent. Rated at 85MPH by Goodyear. I really felt the trailer rode a bit smoother, especially at 60-65 MPH and over rough roads.

As an FYI, if you have (or get) a Goodyear CC, you can have 6 months no interest on purchased over $250. When we bought the Endurance tires for our 2016 Jayco (now gone, replaced by an Imagine 2600RD) we got a $150 rebate AND 6 months no interest. I'm considering changing over the Westlake's that came on the Imagine with Endurance tires.

Endurance tires are made in the US and we put over 10k on them. When we traded in the Jayco, we had over 50% of the tread left and no checking on the sidewalls.

I also agree with terryriddle, make sure you run a TPMS (I also run TireMinder). You will really like the piece of mind knowing what's going on with the tires.

I have no connection with Goodyear or TireMinder.
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the help folks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    There are dozens of - if not more - threads on this topic on the forum. The search function is your friend. We have run the Sailun load range G tires for almost four years without a single problems. Very happy with them and they have most of their tread left after 26,000 miles.

Rob
    X2 on the Sailun!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Endurance

Quote Originally Posted by Ghdorn View Post
    The 3000bh has Westlake and am going to replace asp. Trying to decide between sailun
    , Maxxis or the Goodyear endurances. Open to comments. I use discount tires a lot a don't think they carry the sailuns. But Walmart does. Love the free rotation at discount. Decisions Decisions Decisions.....
    I changed my RV tires (goodyear marathon- china bombs) to Goodyear Endurance. The performance pulling the 26RLS is night and day difference. The Endurance tires stopped the side to side swaying of the trailer. The side walls are very dense. Also, the fuel mileage increased slightly. Pulls straight and true. I purchased these at Discount Tires due to nation wide service availability.
    Tim & Debra
    2015 RAM 3500, SRW, 4x4, 6.7, Air bags, 18k Demco Auto Slider
    2017 Grand Design Reflection 26RLS, 16" Goodyear Endurance Tires,

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    If you have Discount Tire in your area go see them. I was on my way camping on a Friday morning with my Reflection 5th wheel a couple of years ago. Noticed a big ole roofing nail in the sidewall on my 2 month old Westlake. Went to Discount, no appointment, and they had 5 Goodyear Endurance in stock. I was in and out in an hour no kidding!
    The one thing I found is a requirement to give a tire company like Discount Tire and a number of others... I require the manufacture date to be within four months of the current year and all four or five to be within three weeks of each other. I found one place that had tires over a year old, meaning I buy tires that will be changed out in three years. I never run a tire more that four years from the manufacture date... Just me!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast