Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Replacing westlakes

The 3000bh has Westlake and am going to replace asp. Trying to decide between sailun
    , Maxxis or the Goodyear endurances. Open to comments. I use discount tires a lot a don't think they carry the sailuns. But Walmart does. Love the free rotation at discount. Decisions Decisions Decisions.....

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghdorn View Post
    The 3000bh has Westlake and am going to replace asp. Trying to decide between sailun
    , Maxxis or the Goodyear endurances. Open to comments. I use discount tires a lot a don't think they carry the sailuns. But Walmart does. Love the free rotation at discount. Decisions Decisions Decisions.....
    We got the Goodyear Endurance tires when we replaced ours. If you belong to Escapees, there's a discount purchasing them.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are dozens of - if not more - threads on this topic on the forum. The search function is your friend. We have run the Sailun load range G tires for almost four years without a single problems. Very happy with them and they have most of their tread left after 26,000 miles.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghdorn View Post
    If you had your equipment information posted it would be easier to help you. Big difference between Momentum and a Imagine. With an Imagine and E rated I would recommend the Endurance. With a bigger trailer that had G rated tires I would recommend the Sailun or Good year.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    I

If you had your equipment information posted it would be easier to help you. Big difference between Momentum and a Imagine. With an Imagine and E rated I would recommend the Endurance. With a bigger trailer that had G rated tires I would recommend the Sailun or Good year.
    Correct. Knowing the model makes a big difference. When we replaced our tires on our Reflection 150, we asked about Sailun and they did not offer tires to fit our existing rims, so we went with Good Year Endurance.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure what a 3000bh is. "G" rated tires like the Sailun are an extremely stiff side-walled tire, requires 16in rims that can handle 100psi - I wouldn't hesitate putting them on a heavy Solitude or Momentum, but IMO they aren't well suited for lighter trailers/5ers as those sidewalls will transfer much of the road bumps into the trailer. We currently have a Reflection 28BH (5er - 11K#), and have been extremely happy with the GY Endurance 16" LR-E tires and made in USA.
    Last edited by Brother_Bluto; 01-12-2020 at 10:01 AM.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3000qb. Grand design imagine. Quad bunk about 35 fr long and 7400 lbs dry weight. Previous trailer was a bh. Bunk house. Different brand. Mistyped.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just bought Goodyear Endurance yesterday. I had to spend a good bit of time searching on the internet to find 4. They are in short supply here (Phoenix area) and back-ordered until sometime in March.
    2019 Reflection 150 - 295RL
    2018 F-150 Heavy Duty Payload
    Max Trailer Tow

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've heard nothing bad about Goodyear Endurance tires. I put a set on my 5th wheel and boat trailer this year!!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and I recently purchased a Grand Design Reflection 5th wheel. The dealership agreed to replaced the Westlake with the tire I wanted and that was the Goodyear Endurance. I ran them on my prior RV and was very pleased... I also run a Tire Minder and the Goodyear did well!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast