User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adding theater seating after the fact Imagine travel trailers

Happy new year fellow GD owners!

I searched and could not find the answer. I bought a GD 2400BH Imagine TT last year and had no idea you could get optional theater seating with detachable table inside. The brochure I had only listed an optional dining table with independent chairs. I have the U shaped dinette. I love this TT and have been very happy with it but I was thinking I would like the theater seats better. My family is small and the dinette is not that comfortable to sit on in my opinion.

Has anyone here had experience adding this optional feature after the fact? I realize that anything is possible but I was wondering how many if any modifications had to be made to the trailer to make this happen. I assuming I could buy the parts from GD but I have no idea how the dinette I have or the theater seats are attached to the slide floor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adding theater seating after the fact Imagine travel trailers

We were in the same boat! We bought an 80” couch with recliners from recpro, looks like it came with it. Wish it had the tables like the one you can buy from grand design but the middle seat flips down for a table top so you get some sort of flat table. Paid $1000 delivered, they come apart so easy to get in the door and install.

We sold the dinette on Craigslist for $200, it fits most models, nice upgrade to older trailers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mlilze; 02-16-2020 at 06:17 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi fanatic,
    In our 2150RB I removed the L shaped dinette & put in Lippert power theater seats with a 12" center section. The recliner backs come off and all pieces fit thru the door no problem. Simply position them where you want so they don't rub the slide out wall when reclined & screw down to the slide floor. If you look under the carpet you'll find it's made of 3/4 OSB. Just don't use screws that will go thru or you risk tearing the main floor when the slide goes in & out.

PS... the heated, massage recliners are worth every penny after a long day!!!
    Travel Safe,

Mike, Rhonda & Reuben the dog
    '20 Reflection 303RLS
    '20 F-250
    '98 Mustang GT Convertible
    Some other unimportant stuff