User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have trouble with mine but I have become a real fan of Velcro One Wrap. I use it to store my water softener. It would be a piece of cake to do the propane tanks this way. One Wrap comes in different widths and in my application I went with 2" but (2) 1" wraps would work just fine for a tank.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200104_115411.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	24145
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked at some replacement straps on Etrailer last night and most of the reviews said the straps were too loose, that would be better, because I could always take up the slack with weather stripping. As soon as I get done being lazy, I might fix the oem straps. I think the solution is to drill another hole in the strap closer together thus allowing more slack. I am going to test fit the removed straps on a spare bottle and see how much slack there is, it shouldn't be too tight without the spread out screws in the back being attached.
    2023 GMC 3500HD CCLB DRW Duramax L5P, Banks Derringer/Idash/CAI 60 gallon fuel transfer tank
    2018 Solitude 310GK with Kodiak disc brakes 4000 lb Dexter springs, frame stiffeners
    RETIRED Maint Supervisor, Certified Welder, ASE Master Tech, Owner tire shop

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After looking at how the factory installed the straps, they put a fender washer on one side of the strap, effectively making the strap shorter. I removed the fender washers and put it all back together and it works perfect. Now I just need to replace the one strap that broke.
    2023 GMC 3500HD CCLB DRW Duramax L5P, Banks Derringer/Idash/CAI 60 gallon fuel transfer tank
    2018 Solitude 310GK with Kodiak disc brakes 4000 lb Dexter springs, frame stiffeners

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am another one with this issue. The top one seems to go on fine but getting the lower one clamped seems to be the problem. I have thought about the spacing of the screws. I hadn't noticed the angle or possible angle of the strap. These are a couple of things I will look at.

Does anyone know if they are required to be metal by code?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchased these replacement straps on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarioG9999 View Post
    I purchased these replacement straps on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Looks like the strap I purchased off of amazon too. I haven't opened the package yet, it is sitting there patiently waiting for me to install it. To anyone having the issue of a strap that is too tight, remove your bottle and see if there is a large fender washer under one of the mounting screws. If there is, remove the washer and put the screw back in, it will gain quite a bit of slack. On the other hand, if your strap is too loose, add a washer and it will tighten the strap.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Trick is to insert a cotter pin puller through the cinch eye and push while you wiggle the tank.
    My straps are ridiculously tight, too. Always have to use tools and grunts to open and close the straps. Thanks for your suggestion. Just bought a set of cotter pin pullers from Harbor Freight because it seems like a tool that will work well for the propane tank straps and other specialty applications.

Thanks.

-Steve
    Steve and Renee
    2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes, Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles
    2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
    18k B&W Companion, non-slider
    640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
    Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
    Somerset, WI

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuffsaid View Post
    Does anyone else hate the propane mounting straps on the single bottle mounting on the Solitude 310GK and maybe other models? Whenever I change bottles, the cam over latch that holds the bottles in place are so flimsy that they bend. Very poor design. Tonight I removed my metal straps and I temporarily installed nylon ratchet straps, but I was wondering what others have done.
    I bought a set of Hot Water Heater Straps at Home Depot. They are heavy duty and work well. I like them because to remove them you need a socket wrench.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same problem on my 2018 Momentum 351M. I close them as far as I can then finish it off with tie straps. Works for now.
    Cookie Koch
    2018 Ram Limited 3500 Diesel DRW
    2018 Momentum 351m

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem I had was rubbing and rust under the straps. After I cleaned up the rust spots, I wrapped the metal straps in contact electrical tape. This worked great for making them tight and providing a soft buffer between the strap and tank.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast