User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should be be great for our Megacab 3500

Just ordered the B&W ball for the Ram puck system. Our 311BHS should be nice on the 16k one we ordered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Ram 3500 Laramie Megacab Patriot bus
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have one on my 351M, I love it. So nice to have an unobstructed bed, and, I have a gooseneck trailer already, so it's super convenient to not have to switch back and forth between 5er and GN. Never towed with a 5er, so I can't compare it to anything, but the 351M does pull with less jerking around than my dump trailer (which loaded, is about the same weight). So I feel like it's doing it's job.

I honestly wouldn't be terribly worried about the 4K limit. Yes, that's what it's rated to, but, I honestly can't believe there's not TREMENDOUS margin in that rating. Is 4,100 lbs going to "break it"? If so, I'm ripping it off right now, this kind of thing needs HUGE safety margins built into it. No, I wouldn't put a 6K pin on it, but I would happily tow with the pin at 4,200 lbs. That's just me, of course, do what you feel comfortable/safe with!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you comment on how much angle you can turn before hitting the front of your 367BHS? (How close to 90°?) I have the same coach and am looking at the 2020 F350 CC/SB so my set up is very similar to yours (OP).

Rig: 2017 Reflection 367BHS
    Tow vehicle: 2020 F350 CC 6.7l Platinum SRW LB

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did some boon docking this past weekend and was almost 90 degrees, I didn't get out and look but it was a pretty severe angle. I had about 3 inches from cap to cab. I prob could have cranked more angle but with the rough ground,(out in a field) I wanted some room for any rocking. On pvmt, could have gone more.

Is your F350 SRW or dual? Ours is SRW drive and we love it. Congrats on the tv coming soon!
    2019 Reflection 367BHS with a few mods
    2018 F350 6.7 SRWD CCSB
    1971 F250 Highboy with lots & lots of mods...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Separate accessory to order. Chains aren't required in all States, which is why they are separate. To me, peace of mind regardless of where you're towing through!
    I ordered the chains for ours as soon as I realized they did not come with it. Gold bling while hanging in the campground now.
    2019 F350 6.7L PS SRW CCSB Platinum
    2021 28BH with theater seating and 2nd AC
    2019 Imagine 2400BH w/solar (sold)
    https://rolling.howardweb.info/

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SKI367BHS View Post
    Is your F350 SRW or dual? Ours is SRW drive and we love it. Congrats on the tv coming soon!
    Looking at the 2020 F350 Power Stroke, Platinum CC/SB/SRW. Will have to be a custom order as the 5h-Wheel/Gooseneck Hitch Prep Package is not normally ordered for the lot.
    From Reese: Goose Box™, 20K Rated, 2-5/16" Gooseneck RV Coupler For Lippert #1621 & #1716 Wing Sets
    How do I know if I am compatible? I did not see those numbers on my pin box.

Rig: 2017 Reflection 367BHS
    Tow vehicle: 2020 F350 CC 6.7l Platinum SRW LB

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I was looking at my buying a F350, I saw some greeat deals on the used 17's that didn't have that package. I was trying to order the gooseneck mounting set to install but at that time there was a 8 month back order on that kit. So I ended up with a lot truck that had 90% of what we were looking for. Now, many of the trucks here in Colo are ordered by the dealer that way. Local thing I guess.

With my VIN # in hand, I gave Lippert a call to verify the wing set that was installed on my 367. I think I had the 1621's.
    When I went to do the install there were a few things I'll note as hindsight observations:
    1. Your brake/light cord has an anchor that needs to be removed. Save it.
    2. Next unbolt the old pin box. The existing pin box is relatively light and just needed a good wiggle to drop out and you won't need to save any nuts bolts or washers from this one.
    3. When the old pin box is removed, use a small hammer and pound out the twist rivets holding in the existing VIN tag. Save the rivets and tag. Not doing this, prevents you from installing the new box.
    4. When lifting the new goosebox in place I had 2 helpers as my tractor was down for winter maint. That said, it's a beast to hold and get the bolts aligned. I followed the mfgr directions about installing a bolt hole lower than the orig one was in. I found that this was too low and ended up putting it in the exact same position as the OEM pin box.
    5. Once installed, I found that the VIN tag rivet locations needed to be drilled into the new box. I reinstalled the rivets and tag in the same location as I removed it from.
    6. The cord anchor also needs to be drilled (even though it's a self-tapping one a pilot hole helped as that's some thick steel there) and screwed into the new box.

In the conversation with Lippert they state that this goosbox was the ONLY one they'd allow that wouldn't void any frame warranty. It was an easy install and saved the $ that the dealer would charge to install.
    I did break the budget, I "had" to go buy a larger torque wrench to reach the torque specs.

So, are you ordering the gen 1 or 2 goosbox? The 1's are cheaper but don't have the inflation window or the upgraded air valve/piping. I ordered the gen 2 and also found the chain mounting holes a welcomed surprise.
    2018 F350 6.7 SRWD CCSB

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Gen 2 also has an easy to use lock bracket, a simple pad lock can be used.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do you have a short or long bed on your 350? (6.5 feet or 8 feet)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sdnomis View Post
    do you have a short or long bed on your 350? (6.5 feet or 8 feet)
    We have a short bed.
    2018 F350 6.7 SRWD CCSB

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast