Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    https://www.towuniverse.com/reese-go...uage=en¤cy=USD

I purchased the B&W ball from etrailer.com. Had a coupon code for 10% off.
    How did you get the 10% off?

Rig: 2017 Reflection 367BHS
    Tow vehicle: 2020 F350 CC 6.7l Platinum SRW LB

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary325 View Post
    I search again in TowUniverse and found the 20k with chains at $1395!
    Different part numbers than Reese in Amazon
    Where || TowU (w/chains, no tax). || Amaz (w/o chains, Tax added)
    16k. ||. 94622 ($1235). ||. 94716 ($1100)
    20k. ||. 94623 ($1395). ||. 94720 ($1267)

Tow does not carry B&W, do not want the Reese gooseneck ball.

Tried to fix the table above
    If going with the 20k, the 94720 is the 2nd gen Goosebox which is what you want.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did you get the 10% off?
    Can’t recall if I used a Changing Lanes discount code or just searched the interwebs for a promo code. Thinking it was the latter after just checking changing lanes’ site and not seeing anything current (didn’t look very hard though).
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ordered and took delivery of the 20k Goose Box. Arrived NOT strapped to a pallet. Box opened (looks like it took a tumble in the delivery truck). The tab to retain the cable was bent and the paint cracked. I hope TowUniverse is helpful in the fix to this issue

Rig: 2017 Reflection 367BHS
    Tow vehicle: 2020 F350 CC 6.7l Platinum SRW LB

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ordered and took delivery of the 20k Goose Box. Arrived NOT strapped to a pallet. Box opened (looks like it took a tumble in the delivery truck). The tab to retain the cable was bent and the paint cracked. I hope TowUniverse is helpful in the fix to this issue
    That might be a carrier issue. I also ordered from Tow Universe and the box was strapped to a pallet and in excellent condition. I'm curious how they handle this for you, I had excellent results from their service. I ordered a 16k Goosebox, they sent me the 20k and let me keep it for the same price. I imagine they didnt want to pay to ship it back and then send the correct one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umph! You might be stuck dealing with it as a claim through the carrier. When mine was drop-shipped to the dealer, the service manager sent me a picture to confirm receipt condition. It was strapped with 4 bands to the center of a pallet and shrink wrapped for good measure.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarceloMC View Post
    I upgraded and got the B & W OEM kit for my F350. I love the handle on this thing for easy install/removal.

The only downfall is that one time you forgot you left the amazing hard plastic carry case in the bed of the truck overnight and someone stole it!

https://www.etrailer.com/Gooseneck-H...WGNXA2061.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Did you have to use a raised gooseball on your f350? I just got my Reese Goosebox 20k for my Solitude380FL. I have a Reese Goosball that only has about .5" rise. I am concerned that I need a little more clearance. My F350 is DRW 2019. Any info would be appreciated!!

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Twigsnberries View Post
    Did you have to use a raised gooseball on your f350? I just got my Reese Goosebox 20k for my Solitude380FL. I have a Reese Goosball that only has about .5" rise. I am concerned that I need a little more clearance. My F350 is DRW 2019. Any info would be appreciated!!
    The only way to find out if you need a taller gooseball is to install the GooseBox on your camper and then hook it up to your truck. Once you have it hooked up, you can measure your rail clearance and determine how level your camper sits with the truck.

If you decide you need more rail clearance, you have two choices, get a taller gooseball, or lower the mounting position of the GooseBox (or both in extreme cases).

One word of caution, do not torque down your GooseBox bolts until you are satisfied with the mounting position, those bolts are not reusable after being torqued down.

FYI: On my 310GK and 2019, DRW, Longbed F350 I used the taller B&W GooseBall and the rail clearance was perfect the first time we coupled the truck and 5th Wheel together (note: GooseBox was 20k, Gen 2 model).
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of the B&W GooseBall and the Goosebox - When the GooseBall ios inserted into the center puck of my F450, there is a very small gap (1/32", probably less) between the GooseBall shaft and the inside wall of the puck. I can move the ball back and forth by hand. When accelerating or decelerating, or crossing bridge expansion joints, that small amount of play results in a large clunk/chucking. I contacted B&W and sent them a video. They said it appears to be within spec. Anyone else with this setup have the same issue? Is it normal?
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    Speaking of the B&W GooseBall and the Goosebox - When the GooseBall ios inserted into the center puck of my F450, there is a very small gap (1/32", probably less) between the GooseBall shaft and the inside wall of the puck. I can move the ball back and forth by hand. When accelerating or decelerating, or crossing bridge expansion joints, that small amount of play results in a large clunk/chucking. I contacted B&W and sent them a video. They said it appears to be within spec. Anyone else with this setup have the same issue? Is it normal?
    There is an easy fix for that. Drop by any good automotive pars store and get some shim stock. Bend an edge over and slip in. You can add a dab of urethane glue so they don't move
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast