User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent, thanks!

One more question, can you define "good auto parts store"? We have a total of 3 stores in our town - Advance, AutoZone and Napa.

Edit: I just called all three and only the folks at Napa had even heard of it, but they say they can't get shim stock anymore. Maybe a trailer place (that sells lots of gooseneck horse trailers)?
    Last edited by Fsalmy; 07-07-2021 at 12:04 PM.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    Excellent, thanks!

One more question, can you define "good auto parts store"? We have a total of 3 stores in our town - Advance, AutoZone and Napa.
    All I can say is call them, Even among brands stores vary. You can also get shim stock online.
    https://www.amazon.com/Precision-Car...5680606&sr=8-1

On edit Home Depot and Loews may have it along with hardware stores. You can also try driving plastic shims in too.
    Last edited by powerscol; 07-07-2021 at 12:00 PM.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    All I can say is call them, Even among brands stores vary. You can also get shim stock online.
    https://www.amazon.com/Precision-Car...5680606&sr=8-1

On edit Home Depot and Loews may have it along with hardware stores. You can also try driving plastic shims in too.
    Thanks for your suggestions! I'm off again in search for more parts.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    Speaking of the B&W GooseBall and the Goosebox - When the GooseBall ios inserted into the center puck of my F450, there is a very small gap (1/32", probably less) between the GooseBall shaft and the inside wall of the puck. I can move the ball back and forth by hand. When accelerating or decelerating, or crossing bridge expansion joints, that small amount of play results in a large clunk/chucking. I contacted B&W and sent them a video. They said it appears to be within spec. Anyone else with this setup have the same issue? Is it normal?
    Lol! Maybe the blame for the slop really belongs on the truck manufacturer and their tolerance! The B&W is machined and has less variation then what you will find on the truck to receive it.

Personally, I would just wrap the shank with a tape such as that for a tennis racquet or baseball bat. You only need something to inhibit the metal-to-metal clank, and it should hold up fine with so little gap and be easily replaced.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456