User Tag List

Thread: Pin box upgrade

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pin box upgrade

I have used the search engine and could find no response to a 2019 381M pin box upgrade, so my question is has anyone upgraded from the standard LCI pin box to a Trailair Flex Air 5th Wheel Pin Box - Lippert 1621? I would like to change mine out but looking for ideas and input from the real world users.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 394m and did just that. 1621 to a LCI flex air.

My experience with the flex air is positive. They are about $1,000 and worth the money spent. These rigs are so heavy, the air bag absorbs a lot more of the road. The rubber compound helps with chucking to the point that it’s almost eliminated. I must disclose that our F350 has airbags as well.

We run 75psi in the trucks airbags and 95psi in the LCI airbag brings the shock absorber to the level mark.

8,000 plus miles later, very happy with the flex air.

Hope that helps.

///Chile.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    SW of ATL
    2018 F350 CC DRW
    2019 Momentum 394M

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You may not have found anything using the search function because dampened pin boxes are not specific to each trailer model. All that matters is getting the appropriate model dampened pin box to match the Lippert pin box number and GVWR of the OEM pin box (and not getting a RotoFlex if you are using and Andersen Ultimate or PullRite UltraLite hitch). There are a lot of good dampened pin boxes out there and they are one of the best upgrades you can do.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Changed out the standard Lippert pinbox for the Trailair Flex Air on our 2019 351M and absolutely love it. Huge difference in ride quality and elimination of chucking.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You may also consider the Reese 5th Airborne. I was looking at these but took it a step further and just got a Goose Box. I liked that the airbag is protected from the elements and there is not a rubber block that I have to worry about shimmying out of position (a pretty documented occurrence).

GD is now installing the Morryde pin box as factory equipment on Solitudes and Momentums replacing the LCI Rotaflex also.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)