User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghdorn View Post
    going to be in washington and oregon this summer and am going to have to tie some big stuff. Have an 8 weight and that will be the extent of my big rod. Will be with other nonfishers so will be a challenge to make it work for everyone. Gone three or four months so something shouldl be manageable. Looking forward to it for sure. Some salt and fresh is on the list for sure.
    Good morning GHdorn.

you need to check the state regs for Washington as fishing has been shut down. Has to do with the Corona virus and social distancing.

With exception all of my rods are 9' 4 Piece rods. I fish out of my kayak, eddyline wind dancer. I learned real quick that a 12 inch trout could tip me over if not careful. So the 9 foot rods give me clearance to keep the fish more off of the bow off my boat.

My choice for rods has been mostly Orvis. I waited till they had sales and got them when they were on sale 1/2 off or more. I do have one 7' 4 wt. that I use on small streams.

So looking forward to fishing when the rivers and streams open up here. And as we travel the country to fish some of the great rivers and streams out here in the west.

Have a good rest of the week and a great week end.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AericktheViking View Post
    Good morning GHdorn.

you need to check the state regs for Washington as fishing has been shut down. Has to do with the Corona virus and social distancing.

With exception all of my rods are 9' 4 Piece rods. I fish out of my kayak, eddyline wind dancer. I learned real quick that a 12 inch trout could tip me over if not careful. So the 9 foot rods give me clearance to keep the fish more off of the bow off my boat.

My choice for rods has been mostly Orvis. I waited till they had sales and got them when they were on sale 1/2 off or more. I do have one 7' 4 wt. that I use on small streams.

So looking forward to fishing when the rivers and streams open up here. And as we travel the country to fish some of the great rivers and streams out here in the west.

Have a good rest of the week and a great week end.
    Yea all those plans are kind of up in the air at this point. May buy a max catch 11 weight for salt and bigger rivers out west. You can't have too many rods , right? Lets see. A 3, 4 5 7 8 and think there may be another one as well. Not to mention a couple of tenkaras.
    2013 Chevy 2500 Silverado Diesel
    2020 3000QB
    Glen,Barbara and
    Dottie O'Doran the Wonder Dog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well with the covid shuffle taking place I cancelled reservations to Yellowstone and Grand Teton this summer. I did keep the reservations in South Dakota Badlands and Black Hills area. I was reading that there are some good trout streams in this area. Anyone have any tips on which area to target and good patterns for July timeframe?
    Vivian
    2018 Reflection 303rls
    2018 Ford F-350 SRW Diesel

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghdorn View Post
    going to be in washington and oregon this summer and am going to have to tie some big stuff. Have an 8 weight and that will be the extent of my big rod. Will be with other nonfishers so will be a challenge to make it work for everyone. Gone three or four months so something shouldl be manageable. Looking forward to it for sure. Some salt and fresh is on the list for sure.
    Washington had closed all fishing in the state and just this week end opened it back up to boaters so check with the game department to see what is open before making plans.

Have good rest of the week and a great week end

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AericktheViking View Post
    Washington had closed all fishing in the state and just this week end opened it back up to boaters so check with the game department to see what is open before making plans.

Have good rest of the week and a great week end

yea. alll those summer plans kind of on hold at the moment
    2020 3000QB
    Glen,Barbara and

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea. All those summer plans are kind of on hold t the moment.
    2020 3000QB
    Glen,Barbara and

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fly fishing is far and away my favorite type of fishing. I thoroughly enjoy rivers and small streams depending on flows and seasons. I live in NE Nevada where we have plenty of mountain streams and high alpine lakes to choose from that are just a short drive from the house. I also enjoy fishing in Wyoming, Idaho, and Montana with family and friends. My family has a house near Jackson, WY, and that is definitely one of my favorite areas with all of the different rivers and streams available to choose from.

Trout are my favorite target fish on the fly rod.

Happy trails, and fishing!!
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 3170BH
    Pulled via 2010 Ram 2500 Laramie Megacab

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivercityjeff View Post
    Being retired is awesome!

My wife and I fly fish the San Juan with guide Andy Kim (not the singer).

Silly me, I was pleased catching 20-24" rainbows and browns all day long. And then, and then she catches this monster trout on a 3wt rod!
    Attachment 24178
    Nice job! My wife spent a day with Andy and some friends and had a blast. He is really into sight Nymphing and I️ keep telling myself to find time to fish with him one day. Pretty sure he would drive me nuts with his rules and constant coaching but no doubt would be better off!

We are heading out on a 4-5 month fly fishing/ bike riding journey soon. I have been focused on saltwater lately but excited to spend some time out West with 4-6 wt rods. Bring some fly tying stuff for the Journey (as Much as I️ can Without DW losing her mind!)
    Last edited by LRHF 1.0; 05-30-2020 at 02:35 PM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Met my wife 24 years ago, fly-fishing on the San Juan River in North West New Mexico.
    Her largest to date, 26 1/2 inches.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys need to come to God's country of fly fishing, NC mountains. There are more miles of trout water in NC than any other state. Small streams for the most part so a 8 ft. 3wt with 4 or 5 wt line will work fine. I'm partial to my St. Croix long rods and G Loomis for my pack rod. Orvis or Redinton for reels because they are somewhat affordable and after all, its just a line holder.
    2022 Reflection 303RLS
    2021 Chevy 2500HD Duramax/Allison LTZ Crew Cab 4x4
    Blue Ox 5th wheel goose ball hitch/B&W turnover

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast