User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve fished there a couple of times and if I didn’t have kids in Colorado and Utah would be in North Carolina more Than I have been so far. Mainly around Cherokee and Asheville. Where do you think is the best set of rivers in North Carolina. I’m flexible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghdorn View Post
    I’ve fished there a couple of times and if I didn’t have kids in Colorado and Utah would be in North Carolina more Than I have been so far. Mainly around Cherokee and Asheville. Where do you think is the best set of rivers in North Carolina. I’m flexible.
    Anywhere in Stone Mountain or South Mountain State Parks. Helton Creek, Davidson River and the Tuckasegee are great too. Watauga if you want small mouth.
    2022 Reflection 303RLS
    2021 Chevy 2500HD Duramax/Allison LTZ Crew Cab 4x4
    Blue Ox 5th wheel goose ball hitch/B&W turnover

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 day I'll get around to learning how.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Long time golfing buddy (25+ years) has been trying to get me into this for years. Well...last year jumped in the river so to speak. Absolutely love it just waiting for the rivers to thaw out here to get back at it. Bought an Orvis Encounter 5 wt. 8.6 length all set up from Amazon. Kind of entry level but not a cheapo rig. Liked it so much I bought an 8wt 9 footer same set up to try my hand at maybe catching a bass when we go to Arkansas in May. Lots of great fly fishing spots around here in the 4 corners area including the San Juans that someone mentioned. We mostly fish the Dolores River and below McPhee dam which is gold metal (catch and release) water.
    2019 F150 4x4 screw sb with max towing
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    2 many former rigs to list.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghdorn View Post
    Trying to make up for 30 years of no fishing and focusing on fly fishing - Florida and the Rockies and a few weeks in Australia and New Zealand. Usually in conjunction with visiting kids in the West. Yellowstone kind this summer then to the pacific.Attachment 24150. Being retired is a good thing!
    @Ghdorn Fishing for 60 years and fly fishing for the last 20. If your in the Yellowstone area do fish the Madison. I was there this past September for a week. Had a little snow along with some great fishing. Had my first double hookup wade fishing the Madison a quarter mile west of 3 dollar bridge (which is west of Quake Lake). It is hard to go wrong anywhere in the Yellowstone area. Drop into one of the fly shops there (several) and their happy to give tips on what flies to use. As previously mentioned do take the bear spray. I don't recall my brand but it does shoot 40 feet. Safe travels and catch the big one.
    2020 Solitude 372WB
    2017 F350 Superduty 4x4, Heavy Duty Tow Package
    2900 Superglide Hitch, MORryde Rubber Pinbox
    Zinny, Golden Retriever (rescue)
    Belle, Golden Retriever (rescue)

"Life With a Dog is a Gift"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234