User Tag List

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2014 303 that we have been really happy with. In fact we are still thinking about up grading. Yes it will be another GD unit. Another good thing with GD is they have been known to take care of people and fix their trailers for free even when they are out of warranty. See how often that happens at any of the other manufactures.
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 01-07-2020 at 08:02 AM.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, you are correct. I stated "full warranty", when it is structural.

Thank you, Saldog

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to add to what Gary ( WhittleBurner )mentioned about repair after warranty work.
    We have a 2015 Solitude 305RE, build date September of 2014. At this point I am 4 years out of warranty. Before last year's national rally, GD replaced my rear air conditioner and the arms on my awning. No charge. They then told me to come back. They found delamination on my slideout. They needed to replace my entire side wall and both slideout walls. To do that they had to remove the front cap, rollback the rubber roof by about 12 inches the entire length of the roof, then replace and reseal everything. Then they fixed the floor issue I had around the island. Replace the entire linoleum flooring. Fixed black and gray gate valves. And some other things that I didn't even know that needed to be fixed. There was 15 pages of work orders and about 90 hours of labor. They had it done in 2 and a half weeks. No charge.
    As Gary said, See how often that happens at any of the other manufacturers.

As always, safe travels and good health.
    John Joscelyne
    John & Carol Joscelyne and Hexy
    Red 2014 Ford F-350 Platinum, SRW, CC, Short bed with roll-N-lock cover.
    With replacement 50 gallon TransferFlow fuel tank, Magnaflow air intake, Edge CT turner.
    Pullrite superglide fifth wheel hitch.
    2015 Grand Design 305RE Solitude, with slide out toppers, <new>Titan disc brakes and Goodyear "G" rated tires.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saldog View Post

Personally if I were to do it again I would have gone with a different brand since I do all my own work.
    Same here, probably would have purchased another Rockwood (I do my own repairs after the warranty, which on the Rockwood were 2 minor fixes). I'm hoping one more set of trips to the dealer will get my problems resolved. It will be interesting to see what they do about "bunching" blinds that are too short and losing their creases. Also the top carpet on the dinette/recliner slide that is crooked by 1 1/2 inches. I doubt they will be willing to remove the shower enclosure and correct the install so we'll see.
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saldog View Post
    Our GD 315RLTS came with a full 3 year warranty, as you stated other components do have a longer duration warranty with limitations. In comparison Jayco offers a 2 year warranty.

Saldog
    It never did, sorry.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joscelyne3 View Post
    Just to add to what Gary ( WhittleBurner )mentioned about repair after warranty work.
    We have a 2015 Solitude 305RE, build date September of 2014. At this point I am 4 years out of warranty. Before last year's national rally, GD replaced my rear air conditioner and the arms on my awning. No charge. They then told me to come back. They found delamination on my slideout. They needed to replace my entire side wall and both slideout walls. To do that they had to remove the front cap, rollback the rubber roof by about 12 inches the entire length of the roof, then replace and reseal everything. Then they fixed the floor issue I had around the island. Replace the entire linoleum flooring. Fixed black and gray gate valves. And some other things that I didn't even know that needed to be fixed. There was 15 pages of work orders and about 90 hours of labor. They had it done in 2 and a half weeks. No charge.
    As Gary said, See how often that happens at any of the other manufacturers.

John Joscelyne
    Maybe they did this kind of stuff in the past, although I find it very hard to believe they replaced a 4 yr old AC unit, I wouldn't count on this type of service in the future. You say "before last years rally". Does that mean these repairs were done at a dealer? You don't work for GD do you?
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You convinced me. Thank you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhedd View Post
    Maybe they did this kind of stuff in the past, although I find it very hard to believe they replaced a 4 yr old AC unit, I wouldn't count on this type of service in the future. You say "before last years rally". Does that mean these repairs were done at a dealer? You don't work for GD do you?
    Brewhedd.
    I do not work for Grand Design! !
    " this kind of stuff in the past " was done in August and November of 2019.
    " very hard to believe they replaced a 4 year old AC unit " believe it! they did , along with the arms for the awning.
    You quoted me " before last years rally" . The work was done on August 13 2019 at the factory service facility in Middlebury Indana. If ithe AC was under a warranty, they probably would have done it at the rally ( National Rally August 27th to 31st 2019 ) Not a dealer!
    The people at the factory service facility, told me, THEY found delamination on the street side and that I would need to make an appointment to have the entire side (front to back ) and the two slide outs replaced. To do that , they had to remove the front cap and peel back the roof (about 12 inches X the entire length of the side) . My wife was concerned about the cost , and asked who was paying for this . We were told that Grand Design will take care of it . When we made the appointment to take the Solitude out , they asked me to make a list of other issues that I would like addressed. They fixed everything I listed and some things I didn't know that needed to be fixed.
    This work was done in 2 weeks At No Charge to us. and we picked it up on November 19 2019. As I stated before, there was 15 pages of work orders, and 90 hours of labor.
    We know of many others that have had the similar experience with Grand Design .
    Again I say, I do not work for Grand Design! !
    Again, See how often that happens at any of the other manufacturers.
    John 《 JJ 》 Joscelyne
    Last edited by Joscelyne3; 01-22-2020 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Added content
    John & Carol Joscelyne and Hexy
    Red 2014 Ford F-350 Platinum, SRW, CC, Short bed with roll-N-lock cover.
    With replacement 50 gallon TransferFlow fuel tank, Magnaflow air intake, Edge CT turner.
    Pullrite superglide fifth wheel hitch.
    2015 Grand Design 305RE Solitude, with slide out toppers, <new>Titan disc brakes and Goodyear "G" rated tires.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There have been over the years and continue to be many stories like John's in his post #48 . At regional rallies and the national rally GDRV will address one or more issues even after the warranty has expired, for at times years after. This has been going on since the very first national rally in 2014 of about less than 50 people ? and all around the country now by many mobile service techs.

As John also shared, as the GDRV techs are working on and checking out the RV, if they notice other items THEY take the initiative to point it out and address it if they can. If the item cannot be accomplished at a rally, an appointment can be established that works best for the owner to have the factory service center do so. And when there they will address anything else they find or you may have found as well. Are there some exceptions.......certainly but few and far between.

Gerry McCarthy, VP of the Service Center (top position) and part of the Executive Team shared with Carol and me at the National Rally in August in 2019 - "the RV has our name on it and we are going to make it right." Will there be exceptions and lapses in this standard.......sure but usually explainable.

Constructive feedback on issues is encouraged. GDRV knows they have room for improvement. Doing so in a positive, supportive, constructive, civil, partnership oriented manner goes a long way and without saying.

Oh and yes, we had both our side walls, all slide walls and a list of things I noticed taken care of by the factory Service Center in May, 2018.......well past our warranties. And yes, GDRV found some other things; fixed those and pointed those out when Carol and I picked our 303 up in June, 2018.

Lastly, many of us long time owners did have a list of issues early on with our GDRV RVs which was disappointing. Some here and on other social media have shared the same frustrations. Many of us also had prior RVs with few or no issues which compounded our concern about our GDRV. But where the rubber meets the road is what happens next. GDRV has been the ONLY company that has taken care of not just owners but other stakeholders above and beyond with few exceptions.

Yup- as John shared, not happening anywhere else.

Dan
    Last edited by Canyonlight; 01-22-2020 at 04:10 PM.
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joscelyne3 View Post
    Brewhedd.
    I do not work for Grand Design! !
    " this kind of stuff in the past " was done in August and November of 2019.
    " very hard to believe they replaced a 4 year old AC unit " believe it! they did , along with the arms for the awning.
    You quoted me " before last years rally" . The work was done on August 13 2019 at the factory service facility in Middlebury Indana. If ithe AC was under a warranty, they probably would have done it at the rally ( National Rally August 27th to 31st 2019 ) Not a dealer!
    The people at the factory service facility, told me, THEY found delamination on the street side and that I would need to make an appointment to have the entire side (front to back ) and the two slide outs replaced. To do that , they had to remove the front cap and peel back the roof (about 12 inches X the entire length of the side) . My wife was concerned about the cost , and asked who was paying for this . We were told that Grand Design will take care of it . When we made the appointment to take the Solitude out , they asked me to make a list of other issues that I would like addressed. They fixed everything I listed and some things I didn't know that needed to be fixed.
    This work was done in 2 weeks At No Charge to us. and we picked it up on November 19 2019. As I stated before, there was 15 pages of work orders, and 90 hours of labor.
    We know of many others that have had the similar experience with Grand Design .
    Again I say, I do not work for Grand Design! !
    Again, See how often that happens at any of the other manufacturers.
    John 《 JJ 》 Joscelyne
    Ya gotta wonder about the haters sometimes. They can't believe that SOMETIMES companies actually do care and want to do what's right. More often than not GD has come through for a lot of folks. I have to wonder at times if people get on the phone and right away are irate with Customer service, then wonder why that service is perhaps less than adequate. I try to keep my cool, but most times I have DW handle things like this. She keeps calm at all rimes (except with me) and gets the job done to mutual satisfaction for all concerned. I am learning, and have had great success with GD. While I have had no big, or even medium, issues they have come through BIG. And no, I am not a PAID (or unpaid) spokesman for Grand Design. I do however sleep COMFORTABLY in their RV's as the occasion allows - usually about 6-7 times a year.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast