User Tag List

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chunker View Post
    You are correct I said political power, should have just said power. I'll edit better in the future and this really is my last comment on this thread. I really really promise.
    Lol, long as you promise
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=chunker;276671]
    I saw a youtube video at either a Jayco or Keystone factory where they were bragging how quickly they were shoving these trailers in the entrance about out the completed door. It's been a couple years that I saw it and as I recall about 20 minutes in length. NO where was anyone going behind and inspecting or correcting anything. Work are was filthy and debris everywhere. It's like a stare down game. The companies bet they can stare you down and make it difficult to report anything in the hopes that the 1 year warranty lapses and then you are on your own. Or say, you must contact Lippert, Dometic, Norcold, Furrion, etc, for remedy. Imagine Ford, Range Rover, etc. telling you to contact the radio manufacturer if the radio broke. Unless you have been living under a rock, you are aware of a takata air bag recall. Honda, Toyota, etc are doing the repairs, NOT takata. Major changes needed in the RV industry but as long as the economy booms, and people clamor for poor quality, NOTHING will change.[/QUOTE]

I do not Disagree that the RV industry has to get better. There is a lack of proper QC. Or at least inconsistent QC. It took the Automotive industry MANY years too get to the same standard as the Japanese or others. I would put an American Brand against any other built today. Now, having said that I have only ever owned two Brand New RV's. A Keystone Bullet 248RKS TT and the current rig 31MB. Before that was a used TT and a new Pop Up (and tents). In neither of the new units were there any real issues. The Keystone had a wire for the slide that kept being exposed. I would just put it back in place. The edge trim on the inside corner of the countertop came away - I put it back in place and glued it better. There were other minor issues. Same with My Grand Design 31 MB only fewer issues. I know that there are others that have had issues in the extreme opposite end of the spectrum. It could happen to me also. I hope that Grand Design will continue to work with customers to fix things - and be consistent. Also, there are issues, then there are ISSUES. A lot of times it's in the eye of the beholder. What may be an issue for me is an ISSUE for someone else. I do think there are more trouble free units being built than ones that have issues of any kind. Until such time as the industry changes that is about all we can hope for. I hate to say that in that way, as I do NOT accept or "clamor" for poor quality. At some point a company needs to stand out - build "virtually" trouble free units at prices most of us can afford with acceptable layouts. Others will then follow. I don't see that in the near future. Grand Design is about the closest I have seen so far coming from my limited sample size.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I was kind of late to the party in my above post. I was trying to get it right and it took a while to do that, if I did accomplish it at all.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Clunker, your fly is unzipped!
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target:

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post

The only way something will change is if somebody figures out how to make a high quality RV at a reasonable price. If a builder could do that, they would definitely get some attention and lots of business. But, they would go broke because there is no way they could do it profitably.
    What's happening is they don't change because they don't have to. It's a luxury item, manufacturers and dealers are making good money. On a per square foot basis my TT costs more than a house, around $150 per ft not including sales tax.
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My two cents worth. We've now owned 3 travel trailers. The first a 2009 Fleetwood Pioneer, which had numerous issues, mainly misaligned axles, twisted frame and other major prolems. That was traded for a 2016 Jayco. We had heard about Jayco's 2 year warranty and decided to move to a Jayflight SLX 212QWB. Besides the poor PDI from the dealer, the hot water heater wouldn't stay lit, the awning wouldn't lock in the closed position, many electrical issue, and marking the block for the TV mount without the backing block being there. A different store for same Company Workers did provide excellent warranty, but when Thor purchased Jayco warranty was almost impossible to get in a timely (less than 3 months) manner.

We would stop off at various RV dealers to see what was out there with no intention of buying another TT. Then we found Grand Design. We looked at several models and settled on a 2020 Imagine 2600RB. I never considered a slider after seeing issues at various campground we would stop at (normally poor maintainance by the owner). But the rack and pinion system in the 2600RB, we decided to go with it.

Since buying the 2600RB, we've been out several times and have found several minor issues (loose internal trim (reattached), Jensen radio squeals when playing CD (replaced, pass through door twisted and wouldn't stay locked (replaced), screen door wouldn't stay latched to external door (latch replaced)). Our dealer corrected all of them plus a few minor issues they came across while performing the warranty work (window screen with slight tear we hadn't noticed), replaced a noisy overhead vent fan, and replaced a battery tie down strap that would keep coming loose. Even having to have replacement parts shipped in by Grand Design, we had the unit back in a week with all the work done.

My calls to Grand Design customer service for specific information on the trailer have been answered quickly and professionally. And support from this forum has been great. We are extremely happy with the Imagine and when we decide to replace it, Grand Design will be the first company we will look at.
    Last edited by more tired since retired; 02-02-2020 at 10:22 PM.
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all the Comments

Thank you to all who responded to my initial query. We have purchased a Grand Design Imagine 2670mk, which should deliver approximately March 1st. We look forward to an enjoyable experience with the trailer.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats, Nice rig. Are you opting for the theater seats or the standard Trifold couch (sofa)? In any case enjoy the heck out of it!
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Theater seats

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife loves them. They are comfortable and the heat is nice in the late evening, or early morning.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast