Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Snow on slide roofs

We took delivery on our new Reflection 303RLS this weekend. We were so excited, we took it out for our first trip. It has snowed since we have been out. Do we need to be concerned about the snow on the slide roofs?

Thank you

2020 Reflection 303RLS
    2017 F350 SD sad
    Andersen Ultimate hitch
    Last edited by Soccer23; 01-05-2020 at 07:58 PM.

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You want to get it off before bringing in your slides.

If it is staying somewhere with them out, it is fine. Don't want a huge amount, but they can handle a couple of inches.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The rubber slide seals do a decent job of scraping a little bit of snow off, but it just pushes it to the edge of the slide where it will gather, get pushed through the seal, or melt and drip.

When in snow country I always clear my slides before I bring them in. Like previously mentioned, snow on top of them while sitting doesn't hurt anything. But, if it gets really deep it can hurt, plus, when it starts to melt and refreeze it becomes heavy ice and the freeze melt freeze cycle can cause damage.

I like my slide toppers because it helps keep accumulation down, but I always clear them after about 4 inches or more.

I use a stiff bristle floor broom and an extendable heavy duty paint pole to clear my roof and slides in the winter. The roof gets real slick and the longer pole allows a lower angle for better leverage, plus, once I clear a small place and reach a lot more places without having to change my location on the slick roof. The long pole also allows me to be back from the very edge of the roof while clearing the slides.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We learned our lesson on previous 5r with slides - slide covers/awnings are worth it. Just make sure whoever installs them knows what they're doing. The covers are great insurance, protect slide roof and gaskets/seals especially if you're slightly off level. You may still have to remove some snow but the slide roof is protected. Slide roof inside is cooler in the summer too.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the response! I ended up getting on a ladder and brushed the snow off. This exposed a layer of ice that had formed. Some hot water and a little tapping helped remove it all before bringing in the slides

Thanks to all those that had responded!