User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Calling Grand Design customer service.

This PSA is to help new members of this community in regard to Grand Design Customer Service.

These customer service representatives bend over backwards to help us keep our RV's repaired.

I would like to suggest that anyone having an issue with their dealer's service department to give Grand Design customer service a call to see if they can help expedite your repair. Many times we hear stories about the dealers service departments blaming Grand Design for dragging their feet and when the customer calls Grand Design customer service there is no record of any warranty claim or parts ordered from the dealer.

I'm not suggesting to call GDRV right off but if you start getting frustrated with the dealer give GDRV a call before feelings escalate to being mad. They may be able to help expedite your service call or find another solution for getting your RV repaired. You have to remember though, that the dealer is GDRV's customer and not their employee so any prodding on GDRV's will be a request and not an order.

When and if you call GDRV customer service be courteous...this will probably be the first time GDRV has heard of this issue. It's OK to be frustrated but not ugly. Ugly won't get you very far.

Grand Design can authorize mobile techs or other RV repair shops for warranty work if the situation warrants it. Also, GDRV has several of their own
    mobile techs around the country to assist and train their dealer network and do recalls and emergency repairs at rallies.

This is one thing that sets Grand Design apart from many other RV manufacturers.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Red referenced the GDRV mobile techs. Thanks, for this good post, Red !

Here's a picture of some of the mobile tech trailers I took at the national rally at the end of the day in August 2019. Attached is another picture of techs working in our area of the campground and a picture of friends standing in the techs trailer from our region.

These dedicated, caring, courteous, knowledgeable, go above and beyond, and hard working techs are assigned territories and travel all around the US W/I their territories. We gave them a well earned standing ovation at one of the evening sessions. These folks are great and no other manufacturer is offering this service as I understand it. They also love their jobs. I suspect some of you have seen these trailers traveling the country and/or at dealerships.

Dan
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190827_200835.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	24163Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190827_163954.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	24164Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190827_164043.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	24165
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the post Red. Grand Design bends over backwards to help all of the owners. They are the first manufacture to have their own techs on the road to help with our issues.Sometimes a quick call will answer the question we have due to the knowledge of the customer service personnel.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not only does GD have trucks on the road but so does Lippert. We had our brackets on our springs fixed about a yr and a half ago by a Lippert truck they sent to our site here in Florida.
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 01-07-2020 at 06:39 AM.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with touching base with GD customer service. They helped with the progress of our refrigerator replacement in our 2016 380TH. The dealer and Norcold were dragging their feet so bad, that things had stopped progressing. GD stepped in and the next week we were back to camping. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very well said Red!
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what we heard over and over as we were contemplating the manufacturer of the rig we would purchase for our full time journey! That is why we chose GD. So far we are not impressed. Got our 390 in March ... needing someone to fix our kitchen slide as it is way off!! Since we are full timing we are no longer near the dealership we purchased from and GD won't even consider looking at it as they are trying to catch up from COVID as are all other dealers anywhere near us. Telling us we would need to drop the rig and leave with them for 2-4 weeks to be able to get to it. WE LIVE IN IT! Can't be without a HOME for that long... this was not the impression we had when looking into the full time lifestyle ... especially with GD. Trying to be understanding but it's gotten very stressful. Several other issues we are dealing with with this new rig as well.
    Joe and Beth - Not in Kansas anymore…
    2018 Ford F350, 6.7L Diesel, DRW, CC, LB
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joebethbark View Post
    This is what we heard over and over as we were contemplating the manufacturer of the rig we would purchase for our full time journey! That is why we chose GD. So far we are not impressed. Got our 390 in March ... needing someone to fix our kitchen slide as it is way off!! Since we are full timing we are no longer near the dealership we purchased from and GD won't even consider looking at it as they are trying to catch up from COVID as are all other dealers anywhere near us. Telling us we would need to drop the rig and leave with them for 2-4 weeks to be able to get to it. WE LIVE IN IT! Can't be without a HOME for that long... this was not the impression we had when looking into the full time lifestyle ... especially with GD. Trying to be understanding but it's gotten very stressful. Several other issues we are dealing with with this new rig as well.
    Joe & Beth - trust you were working directly with GDRV Customer Service Center in Indiana ? If so, I am surprised that did not authorize you to work with a local (wherever you are) mobile service tech if cannot work with a GDRV dealer where you are. You are under warranty it appears.

Is the issue such that a dealer or mobile tech cannot address it and only the factory can because the slide has to be removed or hyper-extended as the term they use? What exactly is going on........any pictures or videos to share ?

What are the other issues you need help with ?

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know what you would have to do to get a visit from one of their techs. After I told GD I had about $900 spent on fuel and tolls for warranty visits to the dealer if they told me they were sending a tech that would have been great. GD has fixed my problems but the idea is to not have a long list. That said, they approved the labor for replacing my awning fabric when Dometic wanted me to pay it. I also had a Forest River Rockwood, no problem with warranty work but only had 3 warranty problems. Roll of the dice.
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhedd View Post
    I don't know what you would have to do to get a visit from one of their techs. After I told GD I had about $900 spent on fuel and tolls for warranty visits to the dealer if they told me they were sending a tech that would have been great. GD has fixed my problems but the idea is to not have a long list. That said, they approved the labor for replacing my awning fabric when Dometic wanted me to pay it. I also had a Forest River Rockwood, no problem with warranty work but only had 3 warranty problems. Roll of the dice.
    They wouldn't be "sending you a tech". But they would approve you finding and using a mobile tech (or repair facility) in your area. That's how we had most of our "covered" work done. We were approved to use our repair facility, paid the bill, submitted to GD and got a reimbursement check.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast