User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have 4WD and it performs very well in the snow. I used to have drive up a reasonably steep road to work. When it would snow, there would be a lot of vehicles off to the right up against the curb because they couldn't make it up. I never had any issue.
    2016 Grand Design Momentum 385TH
    2014 Ram 3500 CC/LB/CTD/Aisin/4.10
    2014 Polaris RZR 800EPS

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KirbyRVA View Post
    Just curious....is this also true if the dually has 4WD?
    Guess depends where you live. When I lived in VA, the snow wasn't an issue. Now I live in Eastern Idaho and it is much different than VA. I have noticed the rear end of the truck sliding around more even in 4WD. I put my hitch back in the truck along with an extra 600lbs and it does seem to do better that way. Whenever I have the choice I much wrather drive my wife's Expedition when the roads are covered in snow here, no issues with it.

I grew up and learned to drive in NJ so I'm no stranger to driving in snow.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by FT4NOW; 01-08-2020 at 05:21 PM.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3500 dually

We went from 2500 to Silverado 3500 dually glad I did works great pulling momentum 349M
    Quote Originally Posted by aekeith View Post
    I got a Solitude 2019 3740BH deliver to a camp ground last summer, it's at the close camp ground for the winter

As my truck maybe too small

I forgot to measure the Overhang and king pin plate , do anyone Know ?

I am looking at 2020 Chevy 3500HD Diesel

I can't make up my mind on Dually Vs Single , any opinion

thanks

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2020 3740BH with the Generator. Since we will be Full Time starting in March, we opted for a 2019 Chevy 3500HD DRW High Country with an Andersen Ultimate Connection hitch (much lighter than a traditional hitch). We plan to add a 42 Gal aux diesel tank this summer since the stock tank is so small.
    The dually is ridiculously stable pulling the rig.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to agree with everyone who recommended going with the dually. You won’t regret it ever when towing. They are very stable.
    Emil & Elizabeth
    2019 Chevy 3500 HD Duramax DRW
    2020 GD Solitude 380FL-R
    Mutts: Jack & Bella

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rbtintx View Post
    We have a 2020 3740BH with the Generator. Since we will be Full Time starting in March, we opted for a 2019 Chevy 3500HD DRW High Country with an Andersen Ultimate Connection hitch (much lighter than a traditional hitch). We plan to add a 42 Gal aux diesel tank this summer since the stock tank is so small.
    The dually is ridiculously stable pulling the rig.
    If you care about your payload/GVWR on truck, skip the aux tank. You do not have the capacity for it. I have a 3740 with washer/dryer and generator. Loaded for a 3 week trip my truck (GMC version of yours) was 25# over its GVWR.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cookinwitdiesel View Post
    If you care about your payload/GVWR on truck, skip the aux tank. You do not have the capacity for it. I have a 3740 with washer/dryer and generator. Loaded for a 3 week trip my truck (GMC version of yours) was 25# over its GVWR.
    I plan to hit the Cat scale once we are full time. We don’t have the washer/dryer and should have more payload to spare with the Andersen Hitch over a traditional hitch. We will see. Total Payload Capacity on the truck is 4830#.
    Full-time as of March 1, 2020
    2019 Chevy 3500 High Country DRW Long Bed, Andersen Ultimate Connection 5th Wheel Trailer Hitch System, Air Lift LoadLifter 7500 XL w/compressor
    2020 Solitude 3740BH R
    Titan Disk Brakes
    Onan Generator, TheDryCampers Installed Solar, Slide-Out Awnings

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a GooseBox which makes my pin heavy but overall less truck payload used. You do seem to have 300# more than me to play with, that is good.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Driving in the snow is more dependent on the drivers foot and the shoes on the truck. My 2500HD (gas) was terrible in mud or snow either one. Getting to a friends camp to hunt this past season was 4WD in the mud. Rarely had to do that before. I just put much better tires on and have seen some relief. Having said that we have not had much snow, but I have been in some mud (not much). The way you drive makes a huge difference. I have seen people with what I think are good traction tires not do anything but spin. And then not know enough to back off. An experienced driver gets in and pretty much drives away in the same vehicle. The tires my truck came with (Michelin) might have been LT tires but they LOOKED like car tires, and not even good ones - relatively speaking.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12