User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    Let us know. Mine is still working a year later after the fix......
    Update: so i immediately ordered the Frigidaire part on amazon.ca, installed it within days n poof! It work again immediatly! Solid three months now n no issues.
    So i noticed when i pulled out furrions inferior part, there were little black plastic spec shavings all over in that area where the door plastic clips, clip inside of the microwave. Most definitely the furrion plastic is inferior plastic. I compared it to the new Frigidaire plastic, which seems to look n feel harder, more solid.
    Thank you, thank you!
    2019, Solitude 375RES
    2018, RAM 3500, Dually, Laramie, Crew cab, 4x4, 4:10, AISIN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replaced the switch holder, and the fuse. Now all the lights come on and my clock and timer work but, the microwave still doesn’t actually cook things. Any thoughts?

After taking it apart again I decided to just make sure all the connectors were seated, and I noticed the top switch fit loose in the new switch housing. So I shoved part of a zip tie up underneath that switch put it all back together and now it works. Thinking maybe the Frigidaire switch holder I got was defective or I didn’t have something plugged in all the way.
    Last edited by APlank; 05-25-2021 at 10:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to THANK YOU all for your posts on the fuse and switch holder issue, amongst many other issues around the RV. And thanks to the member that described how to open and close the door for a temporary work around because so far that is working until I can get my new switch holder. I am a single gal and this forum has helped me to fix my own plumbing and electrical issues. Just wish I didn't have so many because it is taking time away from work and play.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cmbehrendt View Post
    I want to THANK YOU all for your posts on the fuse and switch holder issue, amongst many other issues around the RV. And thanks to the member that described how to open and close the door for a temporary work around because so far that is working until I can get my new switch holder. I am a single gal and this forum has helped me to fix my own plumbing and electrical issues. Just wish I didn't have so many because it is taking time away from work and play.
    Awesome. Another satisfied customer.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This whole thread has been extremely helpful. Much more so than the Furrion customer service rep who said, "I won't give you the part number; you just need to buy a new microwave." Ugh. So I ordered the switch housing (Frigidaire part previously referenced), but am thinking we also need to order the switches. I'm not sure whether to get open or closed ones. Does anyone have that part number so I can replace those, too?

Thanks,
    ~Jenni

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a coincidence that this thread was revisited. I had the same problem this past weekend. The microwave was dead. I found a video about replacing the fuse inside the microwave. So I did and every time I closed the door, the fuse would blow.
    So I'll be ordering the fridgedaire part.
    Thank you all.
    People keep telling me to follow my dreams...so I went back to bed

2019 303rls
    2017 GMC 2500hd ccsb 2wd 6.0 gas
    Andersen ultimate rail mount hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad it is still helping others. Ours is still going 2 years after I started this thread. We use it almost every day. Just a matter of time till it wears again....
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have spare fuses on hand as well but too have discovered that lifting up on the door while opening and closing (light in microwave comes on) ensures the switches are in the right position prior to moving the door. We even installed a piece of tape on the door with a written reminder. Having found this thread I've now ordered the switch holder part and look forward to getting it installed.
    Jeff & Susan
    With Annie, our dachshund
    2019 Reflection 303RLS #123, TST 507 TPMS
    2019 F-350 XLT 4x4 PSD SRW CC LB Factory 5th Wheel Prep Package
    B&W Companion OEM Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, for others as they experience this issue and to provide input on what I had to do. I purchased the switch holder mentioned in this thread and yes, it is for all intents and purposes, identical to the switch holder in the Furrion. If your problem is wear or excessive play in one or more door switches this may be the solution for you.

I removed the old holder and its switches and moved everything over to the new holder, reinstalled everything in its correct place, powered the microwave up and it blew a fuse. Dang! So I got the volt-ohm meter out and confirmed the functionality of the three door switches. I then installed the switch holder/switch assembly in the microwave. My wife opened and closed the door as I checked the switch functionality again. The middle switch was not working. I could see that the door latch was not sufficiently compressing the button on the switch. I couldn't see any obvious wear on the switch holder or the switch button that would prevent contact. The door latch simply wasn't coming in far enough. So, two retired engineers rigged up some 3M double sided tape and some cardboard to extend the door latch about 1/16 ". That extension was sufficient to provided repeatable compression of the switch button.
    Jeff & Susan
    With Annie, our dachshund
    2019 Reflection 303RLS #123, TST 507 TPMS
    2019 F-350 XLT 4x4 PSD SRW CC LB Factory 5th Wheel Prep Package
    B&W Companion OEM Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, reviving my old thread. It lasted 3.5 years after fix. Ordered another bracket.

Anyone have success replacing Furrion convection with a real residential?

We are full time and it gets used pretty much every day.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast