User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    Well, reviving my old thread. It lasted 3.5 years after fix. Ordered another bracket.

Anyone have success replacing Furrion convection with a real residential?

We are full time and it gets used pretty much every day.
    We're on our second Furrion convection microwave (replaced by GD during the first year when it failed). I've been trying to find a replacement for it in a good brand name (any 30" above-range will fit) but due to multiple issues they're all out of stock at Home Depot, Lowe's, Best Buy, Amazon, etc. I gave our failed Furrion to our son-in-law. He replaced the switch holder with a Frigidair part (they're the same part):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Both the repaired oven and our replacement are still working two years later (and they both get a LOT of use)... but I'd still like to replace ours with a Whirlpool or something when I can find one.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    We're on our second Furrion convection microwave (replaced by GD during the first year when it failed). I've been trying to find a replacement for it in a good brand name (any 30" above-range will fit) but due to multiple issues they're all out of stock at Home Depot, Lowe's, Best Buy, Amazon, etc. I gave our failed Furrion to our son-in-law. He replaced the switch holder with a Frigidair part (they're the same part):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Both the repaired oven and our replacement are still working two years later (and they both get a LOT of use)... but I'd still like to replace ours with a Whirlpool or something when I can find one.

Rob
    Yeah, I did the repair and started this thread 3.5 years ago. Having to do it again.....would be nice to have the push button door release instead of the pull hard and wear the plastic switch holde r in the door.....
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just replaced the switch holder in the door. One of my micro switches is also not working. So 8 bucks for 3 micro switches.

One question, my order shows 2 normally open and 1 normally closed. Any ideas on which are which from top to bottom? I put them back in order for the time being.

Not sure how to tell if broken is open or closed.....
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to the original poster of this thread. After reading this thread I was able to fix my microwave in my RV (new ones are almost $500!). Furrion is garbage and so is Dometic...and the couch/recliners in my Grand Design Reflection 337RLS. The only mistake I made was to buy the switch holder before trying to replace the switches. On mine, at least one of the switches was bad. It kept blowing fuses. If I unplugged the unit, replaced the fuse, opened the door, then plugged in - it would power on but when I closed the door it would blow the fuse. Just wanted to explain the symptoms mine was having. I replaced the switch holder at $44. Didn't fix the problem. Then I ordered the switches at $8 - fixed the problem. Should have tried the cheaper option first. Here are the details of what I have and what I bought. It was a very easy repair. No multi-meter needed. On mine, I did need a 90 degree phillips screw driver because not even a stubby would get the two screws out that hold in the plate in front of the fuse. I did not have to remove the microwave for this repair. Just the keypanel, top horizontal panel above the door, plate in front of fuse, and then the switch holder itself. Once you get the switch holder harnesses off and switch holder unscrewed, you can just wiggle it out. Then you can replace the switches one by one. Be sure to put the normally close switch where it is supposed to go in the switch holder. You can just look at the shape of the switch and know what goes where. Also, the harnesses for the normally open switches will not go on the normally close switch. Nevertheless, mark everything and take pictures before removing anything. All of these parts can be bought on Amazon. The fuses I bought at home depot because they were cheaper there.

Furrion Microwave in my 5th wheel: FMCM15-SS

Fuse: Eaton Bussmann 20A AGC 20A 1/4" X 1-1/14"

Switches for the door door: Yoiilnz KW3A Microwave Oven Door Switch 16A 125/250V Door Interloc(Normally Open & Normally Close) (2 Normally Open and 1 Normally Close) (someone asked how they will know which switch to put where - just look at your existing switches. The normally close switch is shaped different and will not allow the other two harnesses to connect to it. You need to mark all 3 harnesses before you take them off and take a picture before you do that. Also, there is a flimsy plastic tab that holds each switch in the switch holder, see circle in picture, you will need a tiny flathead screwdriver to push it back while removing the switch at the same time. I ended up breaking that tab on the new switch holder of course and I barely pushed on it, so be careful with those.)

Switch holder replacement: Frigidaire 5304509457 Switch Holder (yes this Frigidaire part is idential to the Furrion switch holder)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20231114_140500.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	48944

Name:	20231114_140511.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	48945

Name:	20231114_142320.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	48946

Name:	20231124_122317.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	48947

Name:	20231124_122337.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	48948

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad I helped. I have done this fix 2x in the last 5 plus years fulltiming. And recently reset and glued the bottom switch to the housing. It had an ever so slight movement since I broke the pin that holds the switch in the housing. Easy to break when you have to move the pin over to get the micro switch seated.

Nice to save 500 plus dollars!
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345