User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read another blog where someone said the door was sagging and they bent the bottom door hinge bracket up so the door did not sag. They stated that this fixed their blown fuse problem. I tried that and lifted up on the door every time we opened and closed it. This worked until this morning when the breaker popped to the microwave. So I just went to Amazon and ordered the part.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtwanders View Post
    I read another blog where someone said the door was sagging and they bent the bottom door hinge bracket up so the door did not sag. They stated that this fixed their blown fuse problem. I tried that and lifted up on the door every time we opened and closed it. This worked until this morning when the breaker popped to the microwave. So I just went to Amazon and ordered the part.
    Good deal. Let us know how it goes
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got the part and broke one of the small plastic tabs that holds in the switches. Ordered a new part and ordered a set of new switches as well. They arrived today. Put the new switches in the new switch holder and installed in the microwave. Works as new. Hopefully it will continue to work without issues.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to thank you guys for posting this issue with a fix!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you.
    Just ordered the same part on amazon.ca, thank gosh it was there too.

I agree with others about these Furrion appliances and products.
    Or furrion oven needed a whole new lighter panel to even work, brand new, never used. That took the dealer 6 months to get there act together and order the fricken part then another 2 weeks to get it installed.
    Our furrion back up camera died. Less than a dozen times used. Trouble shoot that to death, for nothing.
    Now this convection microwave after only one year of use dies. (Sept 2020), and well, you can laugh at this, 30 year old itty bitty microwave my parents gave me came to the rescue, again. And because every appliance in my solitude has been a nightmare, yeah..we totally dreaded, and finally decided today to start dealing with this microwave. And I have extended warranty, so yes, would be a free replacement. But omgosh, I could write a book on the nightmare of dealing with them for everything else.
    And it was only because of you guys posting this fix, this was the fastest and most easiest thing to get resolved. Assuming the new switch holder will work. I’m trying to be optimistic here, lol.

It looks like GD is getting away from furrion, I would hope, I’ve been seeing different brands, like now residential ovens, not furrion! That’s a start!
    Cheers eh
    2019, Solitude 375RES
    2018, RAM 3500, Dually, Laramie, Crew cab, 4x4, 4:10, AISIN

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let us know. Mine is still working a year later after the fix......
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LovingIt View Post

It looks like GD is getting away from furrion, I would hope, I’ve been seeing different brands, like now residential ovens, not furrion! That’s a start!
    Cheers eh
    Not really. They're using the Furrion A/Cs with all the other suppliers running out of stock.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with all about Furrion. My wife does like the microwave, stovetop or oven. Too bad the GD is a nice trailer.

I looked at my door latch and it looked OK, not worn, but we were blowing fuses. So I tried the bend the hinge method, it worked. However, I noticed that the door was very heavy to have just a couple of plastic hooks and some little pins. We travel about 7000 miles per year and you all know how some roads are really rough. My thought is to remove the door prior to travelling. If you think about it RV microwaves are not used nearly as much as residential, maybe the wear is from bouncing up and down the road. Just my two cents.

Thanks to all who have provided much needed guidance in the thread.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oops, she does not like Furrion at all.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pics show a Frigidaire part. Is it interchangeable with the Furrion bracket? Or maybe Frigidaire makes it for Furrion?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update:
    So because of travels, I haven’t ordered the replacement part yet. (I’ll do that when we get home next week.) So, as a temporary solution, after putting in my last new fuse, I tried simply lifting the door handle slightly until the light comes on inside the microwave. Then I pulled the door straight out. No shorting out! Heated a cup of water for 30 seconds, then I lifted the door handle up and pulled straight out to open the door. No shorting out. Microwave worked.

So, by lifting the door up (and away from the contact points on the bracket) and pulling straight out, you can prevent the fuse from blowing. I put a sign on the door as a reminder!

But when I get home I’ll do a proper repair (replace the bracket)!

Thanks to everyone who responded to my original question. Everyone was helpful.

Oops....
    I realize I didn’t post my question on this thread. It was on another thread. But still, the short term solution works!
    Last edited by MountainMimi; 03-22-2021 at 11:04 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast