User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solitude Layout + Toy Hauler

I love the interior layout of the Solitude 390RK, however would also like a Toy Hauler. I have not found a similar layout within the Momentums. Love the double sink in the BR and all the storage in the BR. The layout of the kitchen is great with a lot of counter top space.

GD, maybe a layout with a FK and rear master bedroom with access into TH space from there? Might have to give up the washer/dryer closet or just a separate external door access completely. To me, the Momentum layout just does not appear to be as open.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brikel View Post
    I love the interior layout of the Solitude 390RK, however would also like a Toy Hauler. I have not found a similar layout within the Momentums. Love the double sink in the BR and all the storage in the BR. The layout of the kitchen is great with a lot of counter top space.

GD, maybe a layout with a FK and rear master bedroom with access into TH space from there? Might have to give up the washer/dryer closet or just a separate external door access completely. To me, the Momentum layout just does not appear to be as open.
    Have you seen the 376TH Momentum? Front living room with small garage under the bedroom.

You won't get a full garage and still have the open space feeling of a normal 5th wheel. It would be 55 feet long.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Have you seen the 376TH Momentum? Front living room with small garage under the bedroom.

You won't get a full garage and still have the open space feeling of a normal 5th wheel. It would be 55 feet long.
    Thanks Steve. I had not checked that out but just did after seeing your response. That is very close to what we would like in the future, but, I would need a full garage for my needs. We have a couple of years, so maybe one will come out.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you need a full garage, you will not get a full living space. There is just not enough room for it all. The 397th and 395m are pretty nice layouts as toy haulers go (in my opinion) but nothing will give you a full garage AND the living space you are looking for. A compromise will be required.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are limits to how large an RV can be. The 385TH layout was perfect for our family. The advantage of the separate garage area is that you can use it as living space when the vehicle isn't in the garage. We pull it outside when parked.
    2016 Grand Design Momentum 385TH
    2014 Ram 3500 CC/LB/CTD/Aisin/4.10
    2014 Polaris RZR 800EPS

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cookinwitdiesel View Post
    If you need a full garage, you will not get a full living space. There is just not enough room for it all. The 397th and 395m are pretty nice layouts as toy haulers go (in my opinion) but nothing will give you a full garage AND the living space you are looking for. A compromise will be required.
    Errrr... excuse me... what about this?! $290K in Sarasota FL right now. (No, not mine, I don't have any connection to it.)

Last edited by boyscout; 01-08-2020 at 11:47 AM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Errrr... excuse me... what about this?! $290K in Sarasota FL right now. (No, not mine, I don't have any connection to it.)
    Oh that would certainly check a lot of boxes, being a towable RV is just not one of them Which I assume was a desirable requirement for the OP
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah... this past week I've seen a couple of HUGE toter homes (Freightliner and Peterbilt chassis) with matching triple-axle 35 ft. trailers behind them here in Las Cruces, NM. Can't imagine what they cost - though the black one on the Peterbilt chassis with the matching black trailer looked like something out out of a movie.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw that one. Was tempted to buy it for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Grand Design - Momentum 385TH
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 Duramax Short Bed, SRW
    24K Pullrite Superglide, Firestone Airbags w/Onboard Compressor

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cookinwitdiesel View Post
    This is the compromise that needs to be made when choosing between a Toy Hauler and Non-Toy Hauler, a Solitude for example. We liked the idea of a Toy Hauler and the flexibility and extra storage space it offers but as we do not have the toys such as ATV's or motorcycles, we preferred our Solitude 310GK's floor plan and generous living space over the more limited living space of a Toy Hauler.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW