User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Slide toppers

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just an FYI: If you ever need replacement material for your slide toppers or your awnings, the very best material you can get is from Stonevos.com. This is a family owned company in Brooksville, FL that uses the best material available and double stitches all seams with a special thread that is designed to last a long time. I replaced the material on all four of my toppers on my previous RV with their acrylic material for about what I would have paid Carefree for their vinyl material. Stonevos custom makes your material from your measurements. He can match any Carefree, Dometic or Girard color.

Chris Throgmorton and his wife are stellar. You will not be disappointed in their material, service or price.
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    Stored, used at Myrtle Beach, SC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted to install toppers to my 320MKS. The installer stopped by and after checking the trailer over said if he installed, I would not be happy with his work. Problem being the drip edges are not high enough to give a good slope. The slope of the roof edge was another issue. This person has been installing toppers for over 15 years. After a year or two, I would begin to experience the flapping with wind & pooling of rain. He hated to loose a sale but didn’t want an irate customer later on. A ladder with a brush or light blower was his recommendation. I really wanted the toppers but appreciated his honesty. No toppers for me.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are looking at a topper for the bedroom slide for a different reason than dirt/debris. Hubby can't stand what he calls the "pop corn" noise when it rains. Can anyone who has toppers let us know if they help with the sound of rain hitting the slide?
    Mark, Linda and Riley (RIP 6/17/20)
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2016 RAM 3500 Longhorn Dually LB
    B&W Companion hitch

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123