Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cover options/brands

I currently have an ADCO cover that is about 2-2.5 years old. Its coming apart at the seam at the front cap, and it has some tears on the roof etc. I know it's time for a new one and to be honest I don't expect more than 2 years out of these things.
    But at $500 a whack, are there any better options? From what I read the cheaper camco is not even worth the time.

Also, my current cover is actually for a class A. Which I prefer to be honest because it does not leave anything exposed to the sun as opposed to the 5th wheel cover leaving the generator door exposed to sun.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or am I better getting a $200 camco cover and tossing it every year? Easier to get a new $200 once a year, than try and hold out 2-3 years with a $500-600 cover?

Camco option with tyvek roof is $215
    Adco option with tyvek roof is $485
    Rv masking 5 layer option $420

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a thought...I bought an Elements cover from Camping world in the fall. I put it just before Christmas so this isn't a a long term eval. There was a special pricing deal going on that I believe is because of the line being discontinued, I don't know. Just looking I see a size for a longer 5W so you'll have to check. This seems to be a well built item. Properly stitched, lined to prevent rubbing and chafing, zippered to gain access without removing and adjustable belts in the proper places to hold in the wind. Eyelets are provided the hook bungee cords, keeping it locked down. I'm happy with what I got for $277+tax. I hope it lasts longer than two years.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I paid $280.00 for my RV Masking cover for my 2970 RL. I was highly impressed, seemed like quality product with thicker fabric that wont flop in the breeze. Lots of straps going under neath to keep it secure, and straps on both ends. It also has zippered panels that will allow you to gain access to your camper if you need.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TyeeMan View Post
    I paid $280.00 for my RV Masking cover for my 2970 RL. I was highly impressed, seemed like quality product with thicker fabric that wont flop in the breeze. Lots of straps going under neath to keep it secure, and straps on both ends. It also has zippered panels that will allow you to gain access to your camper if you need.
    What kind of material is it youd say? The typical rv cover or is it a thicker canvas type? In the photos online I cannot tell and I've never experienced one in person.
    I can tell you the camco and adco covers are cheapo that crumble to dust

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My neighbor has an Adco cover, I swear nylon tents have thicker fabric than that.

As for the fabric on my RV Masking cover, I don't know if I could tell you. It's not nylon, to be honest with you it feels and looks like a super thick paper towel or some kind of batting of some nature. Don't get me wrong, it's not going to tear very easily.
    Like I said, I was highly impressed with how it fit and the general design itself. I have only one complaint. The thing come super vacuum packed, and when they vacuum packed it one of the plastic buckles became deformed. Aside from that the thing is super bomb proof.
    It even came with little "socks" that you slip over your rain gutter spouts if you have them. The other thoughtful thing they have is throw weights. So you take the weight which has the opposite side of the buckle, connect the weight to the buckle on the belly strap and chuck it under the camper. Run around to the other side, disconnect the weight and connect the strap to the buckle on that side.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheap covers, as I found out years ago, don't last. There is only one material that holds up and that's Sunbrella. I bought a cover 3 yrs ago for my Rockwood (box itself was 28') from Calmark for $1050.00. It fit like a glove, covered the trailer completely and I just had 7' added to it to fit the Reflection.
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 on sunbrella if you want something to last
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone