User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Nervous!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mike & Sherry

Nervous!

After months of reading, brousing, and dealer visits, Sherry and I put a deposit down today on a new Solitde 379FL. We have a week or so to comlete the down payment and close the deal. The salesman was great, not trying to stear us one way or another, but we were very impressed with the Solitude. I just know I will be second guessing the decision until we actually live in itfor a while, and maybe even after...lol. As we plan to live fulltime in our unit, we were considering either the Redwood, the Big Country, Montana Big Sky, or the
    Solitude. I think we made a good choice for our budget, but still have cold feet.
    My concern is not interior storage, but exterior storage capacity. I know the RL has more exterior storage, but the seperate living room area feels more homey. I guess happy wife, happy life is what it boils down to in the end! We have decided to live in the 5er fulltime until I retire in 4 years then hit the road for a year or two. Any suggestions or advice on an easy transition in lifestyles? Thanks.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on your decision. I can understand nervousness, but all we can do is research, research, research, then go with what we feel is best. Life has no gurantees, but Grand Design is doing an excellent job of building quality products and standing behind them with outstanding customer service if a problem arrises. I hope you have many happy years of memories in your Solitude.
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! We've had 379 a little over 3 weeks drug her from Katy, Texas to San Antonio, San Angelo, Texas, Deming, NM and currently parked in Tucson. Very few problems, and a great rig to live in

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new Solitude. Wishing you the best for a successful transition to full timing and eventual retirement.

Jim

Ditkitty
    We love our 379FL. One thing you can do for exterior storage if you aren't moving around a lot is put stuff in big plastic bins and store them under the rig. Easy for me to say, because we have our rig permanently parked :-)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats, you do your research like posted earlier, and you decide from that what is best for you. GD line is a very good manufacture, still growing, If you have any issues after sale, being new, any trailer will have them, no matter who you buy from. GD is there after the sale to get it fixed, corrected, as seen on this forum. Again, congrats and enjoy. Hootie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on your purchase. I just picked up our 380x yesterday. And I'm as nervous as heck myself. WE plan on 3/4 timing ourselves, when I retire.

fredandfred
    We haven't regretted our purchase. I figure the more storage the more stuff you hang on to.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and I took 4 weeks last year to travel with our fifth wheel. She was worried about being together 24x7 for so long, but we both loved it! There is something freeing about not having so much stuff! I would love to full-time after retirement in a year or two.
    2015 Ford F350 SRW CrewCab SB 6.7 PSD, Andersen Ultimate fifth wheel hitch
    2012 Cougar High Country 299RKS, Mor/Ryde pin box, 300w of solar
    1/77 Armor Bn, 5th Mech, I Corps, RVN