User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What converter/charger is GD using in 2020 Imagines?

We have a 2020 2400BH on order. I am thinking of going with a LiFePO4 battery from the start. I am curious what GD is using for a charger in the 2020 Imagines so I can see if it can be set to a LiFePO4 charge profile.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't directly answer your question but it is doubtful. Your stock converter will not charge the batteries to their full capacity. Not a big deal but a waste of resource.

Almost all of us who have moved to lithium have bought the ~$215 Progressive converter to go along with it. Higher amperage (faster) charging and charging curves designed for lithium are the primary advantage.

This is the one we bought: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
    I can't directly answer your question but it is doubtful. Your stock converter will not charge the batteries to their full capacity. Not a big deal but a waste of resource.

Almost all of us who have moved to lithium have bought the ~$215 Progressive converter to go along with it. Higher amperage (faster) charging and charging curves designed for lithium are the primary advantage.

This is the one we bought: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Did changing out the converter require changes to be made to the monitor panel?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wsterling View Post
    It didn't for me because the Solitudes don't have the same system as a Momentum or Reflection. I do not see how it would be an issue other than it charges to higher voltages and you can let it run lower before firing up the generator. I believe those are user adjustable settings but you should check.

It would be easier if you would identify your trailer and truck in your signature so that we can give more pertinent information.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The converter is probably a WFCO. For better / faster charging off a generator I mounted an IOTA-55 deck-mount converter inside the hookup center in the pass-through.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can jot down the specs next time I go to my Imagine but it may be quicker to give a call to GD in Elkhart and they can probably tell you right away. Give them as much info about your order as you can, of course. Good Luck
    Dave and Sue Dion
    SCPO(SW), USN, (Ret)
    2020 GD Imagine 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L,1823 payload

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This may not be what your after but the battery monitor in the unit will not be functional with lithium batteries.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    This may not be what your after but the battery monitor in the unit will not be functional with lithium batteries.
    That is the kind of info I wanted to know. If I would have to go making large changes to the panel that has the battery monitor and tank monitor right away if I installed a different type of battery.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is the kind of info I wanted to know. If I would have to go making large changes to the panel that has the battery monitor and tank monitor right away if I installed a different type of battery.
    The reason as I understand it is the monitor works by tracking the voltage drop as a standard battery discharges. A lithium battery puts out basically full voltage until just before it’s empty. So the monitor will show full Until it’s just about empty. You don’t need to change anything it just won’t give you a true reading.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ran without a monitor for quite awhile when I installed the lithium’s. I now have a Victron monitor which tracks all amps in and out for a accurate reading of exactly what’s left. It’s just a little bit of a pain to get hooked up properly. All power has to run through the monitor or it won’t read properly.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast