User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem with rubber block on Rota Flex pin box

I have the standard Rota Flex pin box with the rubber block/pad that helps stop chucking. I had a problem with the pad working it's way back towards the rear of the pin box and "wrinkling" up. This got worse on a long cross country trip. Long story short I contacted LCI and they authorized a mobile repair that got us home. My camper is way out of warranty but LCI really stepped up, they sent me a replacement pin box after we got home. No complaints with LCI.

The issue I am hoping to get advise/help with is this; I was told by LCI rep that the new pin boxes have a "stop" welded in place to prevent the rubber block from moving to far. Great news! when the new pin box arrived it is just like my old one, no stop on it. It would be a big hassle to send it back so I plan to weld a stop on before I install the new pin box.

Can anyone with the "new and improved" version with stop welded on give me dimensions? i.e. size of stop and measurement between the stop and the rubber block?

Thanks

Rich
    Rich And Janet (no dog or cats, 8 grandkids but not with us all at once)
    Onalaska, WA
    2011 F350, 4X4, B&W hitch
    2016 Solitude 300GK

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not contact the LCI rep you were dealing with and let them know they did not send the updated version. They may send the correct one and also deal with the return of the wrong one sent . If you weld on there's they may find a reason to void any warranty
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Gary. You are right, I was just trying to avoid crating up and shipping back etc. We live in a rural area where freight delivery trucks can't get to. I have to meet trucks @ about 4 miles away.
    Rich
    Rich And Janet (no dog or cats, 8 grandkids but not with us all at once)
    Onalaska, WA
    2011 F350, 4X4, B&W hitch
    2016 Solitude 300GK