User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a Pullrite Superglide for our short bed Ford and Solitude 310GK.

Here is the one sentence review. The Superglide is heavy, fiddly, a little dirty and works absolutely perfectly.

We simply do not worry about clearances with our trailer. While I have not had to use it at 90* while backing up, I have had to make a tight turn on a two lane road and used both shoulders to make the turn (would have been a 50-60 mile detour if I had not done this). While making the turn I looked back over my shoulder and the trailer was fully clear but within a few inches of the cab.

For me, short bed equals slider and slider equals automatic.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walaby View Post
    Good comments.. Just one clarification point. Payload does NOT include full tank of fuel and one passenger. Payload sticker clearly states weight of ALL passengers and cargo must not exceed xxxx lbs. Fuel is also part of the cargo calculation.

Other ratings like towing capacity etc may include a 150lb passenger and fuel, but not payload.

Mike
    Mike, almost correct. Fuel weight does not need to be added when calculating cargo. Empty weight includes full fuel. For example my F-350 with full fuel weighed 7,980 lbs on the scales with full fuel and no cargo or people inside. My door sticker shows payload at 3,523 lbs. my GVWR is 11,500 lbs.

It would be very difficult to keep below payload of a 2019 F-250 CCSB Platinum towing a 28BH. When I was looking at them the payload was only between 1,900-2,000 lbs. That’s why I went with a F-350,

FYI, for 2020 model year Ford bumped the GVWR of the F-250 up to 10,800 lbs so a 2020 F-250 payload will be around 2,700 lbs. That may just be doable with a lightweight 5th wheel trailer and a lightweight hitch and lightweight passengers.
    Last edited by Jerryr; 01-26-2020 at 09:06 AM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get a slider, but don't get one of those automatic sliders. I had one and it was vert difficult to hitch and it finally malfunctioned when I was backing into my driveway destroying my truck cab.
    Get a manual slider and use it when necessary.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the.jmo View Post
    A slider for me in a short bed is a no brainer.
    That extra 600 bucks youd pay in a heartbeat the first time you need to use it, or worse, you blow your window out and crush your cab. $600 doesnt even cover the window, at least in a Laramie ram, ask how I know [emoji12]
    I dont have to slide often per se, but boy is it nice knowing it's there. Kinda like 4wd, if you're stuck you really wish you had it. I actually just used it in napa this last weekend. Where without it I'd have been in a pretty difficult spot.

I think the real burden is not the cost but how much heavier the slider is [emoji1787].
    The companion slider is a great hitch. Very well built. I've had mine a few years now.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Excellent advice. We got the slider and have not had to use it, but peace of mind knowing it is available.We have seen a couple short box truck both of them happened to be Rams that had dented their cab corners.
    2019 F350 Platinum CCSB
    BD Companion Slider
    2019 GD 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of good advice here. I had a 2015 F350 SWB with a Reese 16K pro series manual slider with my old KZ 5er. I would just suggest if you go with a manual slider that you ensure you can work it. I actually never used mine is 5 years. There were a couple of times I wanted to use it but couldn't get it to work. Practicing in my yard I found that if I put the landing gear down, I could pull forward and then lock it in the rear position, pull the gear back up and back into some tighter places...a real PITA. A few months ago I picked up my 351M and was going to get the Pullrite Superglide but luckily the wife talked me into getting the F450 lol. Now I use the 25k BW Companion and really like it. I can separate the head from the base and load and unload it myself.
    2019 F450 King Ranch
    2020 Momentum 351M
    2009 BMW R1200GS
    2015 RZR XP 1000 Fox Edition

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with the sentiment that you should ensure you can work the sliding feature before you actually need it. Mine was a bit frustrating to start with because the OEM pucks in my 2017 Ford are not at the same level. B&W heard from several 2017 Ford owners and graciously provided shims to effectively level the pucks. Once leveled, the hitch worked without any special effort.

I agree with those that say the slider is basically "insurance" that enables you to make tight maneuvers if you really need to do so (e.g., road closure, unexpected detour, route blocked, or that crazy 90-degree back from a narrow roadway). The odds are that you won't really need the slider towing a Reflection, but it could be real handy if you get unlucky. Some people really like the manual sliders since, when pushed to the rear position, the fifth-wheel responds a bit quicker to inputs when backing.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123